Blue Ray - 3D Player [Suggestions]

Greetings,
I need to buy a BlueRay Disk Player (with 3D feature) & don't wanna spend too much.

Reason to not to spend too much:
a. I think Blue Ray Disks are a bit costly & will continue to be.
b. I have a TATA Sky HD+ at home & that ways, I can always record the best of the movies.
c. Because of Reason B above, I think I will only be using it rarely (may be for 3D stuff as I am also buying Benq 1070 Projector in a month).

Please Suggest (please mention the prices as well, if you can).
Keeping in mind that its Diwali Season, I would prefer buying a Player that comes free with some Blue Ray Disks as well (if it happens, I can probably have some discs to start with). :)

One more thing, please suggest if prices in IN & US are of same range OR are they differ a lot. If the prices are almost same, I would prefer buying it from here.

My SetUp:
a. Denon 1100
b. Sonodyne
c. Samsung 6Series Smart, 3D TV (40 inches) & planning to buy Benq 1070 Projector in a month.

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.

No doubt, Pioneer BDP-170 is the player you need. It has good video playback, great sounding DAC (in case you want to use it for music) which performs amazing, Support 3D, very decent design, full size cabinet with display (not small cabinets like Sony, Philips, Samsung or LG).

In my search for BlueRay Player, got to know this term "REGION".

I am assuming that Blue Ray players are region coded, from A to C. India is listed as C region.

Questions:
a. Does it mean that if we buy the product from India, I will get a Region C Player ?
b. If yes, then will it be able to play movies bought from India only ? Or can it play the Blue Ray movies that are purchased in US ?

It really is becoming tricky ..... Why all this non-sense when we all are becoming global residents these days.

In my search for BlueRay Player, got to know this term "REGION".

I am assuming that Blue Ray players are region coded, from A to C. India is listed as C region.

Questions:
a. Does it mean that if we buy the product from India, I will get a Region C Player ?
b. If yes, then will it be able to play movies bought from India only ? Or can it play the Blue Ray movies that are purchased in US ?

It really is becoming tricky ..... Why all this non-sense when we all are becoming global residents these days.

1.Yes.
2.You can buy region free Bluray disc which any region BDp will play easily.

One more thing >> I can probably get a good discount on SONY products. Is there anything in SONY that is at par with Pioneer BDP 170 ?

One more thing >> I can probably get a good discount on SONY products. Is there anything in SONY that is at par with Pioneer BDP 170 ?

Sony BDP-S7200 but it's not available in India. :rolleyes: They do, however, sell it in Thailand. :lol: Still, if you know someone at a Sony Centre, you might just persuade them to import 1 set it for you - they told me that they can do that.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back