blue ray player

>>>From the people I know that were early adopters of BD30, most have been using to upscale their SDs.

Not true. I have a BD30 and it produces a great picture from the BluRay disks. I had compared it with the PS3 before buying.

I also believe that it is better to have the receiver do the audio decoding. If you use the 7.1 analog out from the player then the receiver would convert it back to digital and then back to analog again. The new receivers do so much work in the digital domain before the amplification, that it makes sense to give them the original digital signal. Go ahead and buy a BluRay player, even if it would take you a few months for the receiver upgrade. If you have the money, a Bly Ray would beat an unscaled DVD any day.

Thanks,
Sharad
hi, cud u plz let me know where did u pik up the BD30 from,hav been hunting around for the BD30/3ok or the newer BD 35 but without luck!! also is it multiregion?

I had got the BD30 from the US. It is not region free. I don't think they sell the region free versions anywhere. It is for the US region, but that works for me as I buy a lot of BluRay disks there.
I am hoping that the Hindi movies would be region free anyway, as was the case with DVDs.

Thanks,
Sharad

I had got the BD30 from the US. It is not region free. I don't think they sell the region free versions anywhere. It is for the US region, but that works for me as I buy a lot of BluRay disks there.
I am hoping that the Hindi movies would be region free anyway, as was the case with DVDs.

Thanks,
Sharad

thnks for the reply, but does the BD 30 play the blurays available in the market here,i dont realy know the region coding of the discs available here (a/B/C),jst curious as am in the process of getting one of the panasonic models ---------subhash

Many BluRay disks are region free, but you would need to check before buying. Mine plays only region free and region 'A' BluRay disks, and region '1' DVDs.

Many English DVDs which I bought from PlanetM, Landmark and Music World at Bangalore are region '3'! I have a region free Philips DVD player for these disks.

Regards,
Sharad

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back