Bluesound Node 2

From what I gather, Bluesound has the best OS among all, it’s actually it’s plus point. If you are keen on sound quality, then look beyond, unless you aren’t going to use its DAC. Arcam should be good. I am happy with Cambridge CXN. But they are costlier than BS. One can attach an antenna (to be purchased separately to CXN) for Bluetooth. But u. But I don’t undertand why you prefer inferior Bluetooth connection over Wifi?

By the way, a glance at BSN2i’s spec sheet on their website shows:

Bluetooth Quality
Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD wireless built-in

Bluetooth Connectivity
Two-Way (transmit & receive)
Using BT as it's easy to use and I got into BT much before WiFi and did not transition to WiFi.I do understand the audio quality limitations.After using Arcam miniblink the audio quality is good enough for me. BS was a good fit as I don't need to display and box size of CA.However it looks like the choices are fairly limited between the rs50k to rs1lac range.BS sits in sweet spot.

Using BT as it's easy to use and I got into BT much before WiFi and did not transition to WiFi.I do understand the audio quality limitations.After using Arcam miniblink the audio quality is good enough for me. BS was a good fit as I don't need to display and box size of CA.However it looks like the choices are fairly limited between the rs50k to rs1lac range.BS sits in sweet spot.

I’m sorry, but I can’t understand why anyone wouldn’t want to transition from BT to Wifi. It’s not as if it adds any further complexity. Apart from better sound quality, wifi also has larger range. But guess it’s your choice. As long as it’s rational for you....

Just wanted to know if playing through usb is possible?
What are the other alternative brands? iam looking at Arcam but it does not have BT and I don't want one more device for BT.Also it playfi ...not sure if it's that easy to use a blusound os.

Yes, usb is possible. Usb is best used for a local repository of flac files.

Thanks. So the connection ipad to apple camera adaptor to bsn2i usb shd work?

I thought you meant usb connected to the Node 2i. ‍♂️ No, you can't play local files on your device to a network streamer. What you could do is connect an USB drive to your router, and then you'll have access to read/write to the drive from your iPad and the Node 2i can read from the network drive too.

I thought you meant usb connected to the Node 2i. ‍♂️ No, you can't play local files on your device to a network streamer. What you could do is connect an USB drive to your router, and then you'll have access to read/write to the drive from your iPad and the Node 2i can read from the network drive too.
Ok.Can I then connect a PC to usb on bsn2i ?

I have used Bluesound N2.. Sounds great.. App slightly buggy and could have been better.. but even the DAC in it is good.. Have a CD6005.. Marantz CDP.. Havent done a A vs, B but to BSN2 sounds better for same content. The main problem is it cant play Indian music apps like Gaana/ Saavn.. But I its great with Spotify Tidal etc.. Does every steamer have restrictions in terms of apps or site it works with.. Any idea how CXN V2 is and can it play other Indian streaming sites

Ok.Can I then connect a PC to usb on bsn2i ?

No. USB storage or network storage. That's what you can connect.

I have used Bluesound N2.. Sounds great.. App slightly buggy and could have been better.. but even the DAC in it is good.. Have a CD6005.. Marantz CDP.. Havent done a A vs, B but to BSN2 sounds better for same content. The main problem is it cant play Indian music apps like Gaana/ Saavn.. But I its great with Spotify Tidal etc.. Does every steamer have restrictions in terms of apps or site it works with.. Any idea how CXN V2 is and can it play other Indian streaming sites

For convenience, you could connect a Google chromecast audio to the Node. I'm going to experiment with this idea, for all the other music apps that my wife uses.

After fiddling with so many different app ecosystems trying to get gaana to play on my system for local desi tracks. I've finally arrived at the the conclusion that nothing beats a Chromecast audio for indian content. All the other streamers have the same services again And again. But no inbuilt support for Indian specific services like gaana or saavn. So all you folks still having a CCA, hold onto them :)

After fiddling with so many different app ecosystems trying to get gaana to play on my system for local desi tracks. I've finally arrived at the the conclusion that nothing beats a Chromecast audio for indian content. All the other streamers have the same services again And again. But no inbuilt support for Indian specific services like gaana or saavn. So all you folks still having a CCA, hold onto them :)
That's a fair observation relevant in the Indian context and valuable as i do listen a lot with Saavn. Thanks.

Other than BSN2 (possibly has the highest price/value),Arcam (some models do not have BT),CA(looks like another great option but i dont need the display and extra outputs) ,Yamaha WXC50(not sure how this compares).Can folks share what are other options in India. Any other streamers that have BT,Wifi,coax,optical out in one box.

Thanks i pulled out the store chromcast audio and set it up.Saavn shows up in music in google home app on the iPad mini.Also Gaana.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back