Bluetooth receiver for stereo

nn_in

Can folks suggest a
(1)Quality Bluetooth receiver for stereo around (Rs 5k to10k range) that is available in India
Do all BT Rx's have a DAC built in to send out a analog output?

Any pointers on what DAC chipset is used in Logitech One.Just curious .Thanks all.
It doesn't have DAC. It plays analog to analog. For better quality sound and also option of DAC, look at Chromecast audio. It uses wifi, which is better than Bluetooth. It has both analog and digital output options.

It doesn't have DAC. It plays analog to analog. For better quality sound and also option of DAC, look at Chromecast audio. It uses wifi, which is better than Bluetooth. It has both analog and digital output options.

Thanks . How does the BT wireless signal convert to analog ....there must be some form of conversion.

Bt transmits analog. For example, your phone converts digital to analog and transmits to BT receiver via Bluetooth

Bt transmits analog. For example, your phone converts digital to analog and transmits to BT receiver via Bluetooth
A noob question slightly ot why do bt adapters like the arcam rblink and Audioengine b1 have dac chips in them and they cost between 20k to 30k.

>Just plugged in the Logitech one .I think it needs continuous usb power to stay connected (ie does not have any internal battery).when I pulled out the mobile charger usb power the BT stopped working.Does it make any sense to get a better quality usb power adaptor.?Any suggestions.?
>>The model I got was with usb power port and one aux headphone jack type output. On the web I could view the earlier version that had a dc power jack with rca outputs .

Iam also using the Logitech One with my LG C7. Very useful for the late night viewing. Sound quality is ok, considering the price. The only downside is that there is no volume control.

Analog as in turntable output analog? I'm not sure where you are getting this, but bluetooth transmits digital signals which are decoded by the built in DAC found in most bluetooth audio receiver implementations.

A noob question slightly ot why do bt adapters like the arcam rblink and Audioengine b1 have dac chips in them and they cost between 20k to 30k.

All bluetooth audio receivers which can output analog audio signals use a DAC, and a bluetoooth transmiter that can take a analong input will need a ADC. Most use simple low res fixed-point DAC. So when ARCAM and Audio specifically mention "DAC" it mean they have put in a superior DAC module in their receiver. Bluetooth uses several codecs for audio, the standard SBC may not stand to benefit from a improved DAC, but the newer ones like APTX and LDAC can carry higher resolution audio and do benefit.

All bluetooth audio receivers which can output analog audio signals use a DAC, and a bluetoooth transmiter that can take a analong input will need a ADC. Most use simple low res fixed-point DAC. So when ARCAM and Audio specifically mention "DAC" it mean they have put in a superior DAC module in their receiver. Bluetooth uses several codecs for audio, the standard SBC may not stand to benefit from a improved DAC, but the newer ones like APTX and LDAC can carry higher resolution audio and do benefit.[/Q
That's is in line what i anticipated. Some form of ADC-DAC is needed.

Not sure where the confusion with analog is coming in. Your phone or laptop works in digital. So the stream into the Bluetooth device in your source is digital. That device transmits in digital, using a codec. The choice of codec impacts how well the fidelity of the sound signal is maintained. The better ones, like aptx HD, enable blhigher sampling rates, higher bit depth and higher bit rates. But it remains digital.
Once the bluetooth receiver gets the transmitted signal, it decodes it using the same codec used for encoding, if available on the receiver, or the sbc codec which is mandatory. The latter will result in loss of fidelity. After the decoding, the sound signal is now available in digital form at the receiver. It can be output in digital formats (like toslink or coax) or converted into an analog signal using a DAC in the receiver.
The first part of the above process (encoding and decoding using a codec, and error correction/recovery) is fairly standardized as part of the Bluetooth stack. The last step of conversion into analog is where the receivers can vary significantly.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back