Blumenhofer Big Fun 17 speaker

I have the baby version of that speaker, the Genuin FS5. This is a ported box speaker.

The speakers you are talking about have a nice open sound due to their construction. They rock and bass is tight, not copious .

There is nothing unusual about their construction. That's just how some horn loaded speakers are designed. We don't notice this as we often don't flip the speaker over or read the brochure in full to learn about the design.

These speakers need space to sound good and its one of the reasons (cost too) I did not consider them as they were just too big for my room. Visually they are not that big but they do need space to sing. They wake up with amplifiers with modest, quality power ratings too.

That's just how some horn loaded speakers are designed.
I can see horn for the tweeter but how mid-woofer is horn loaded? I see from the pics that bottom is open to vent out bass. This construction is perhaps similar to Bose subwoofer. Where is the folded horn? or the cabinet itself is acting as horn?

I can see horn for the tweeter but how mid-woofer is horn loaded? I see from the pics that bottom is open to vent out bass. This construction is perhaps similar to Bose subwoofer. Where is the folded horn? or the cabinet itself is acting as horn?
The horn is enclosed inside the cabinet (hence folded). I believe both the tweeter and bass driver have individual horns.

From the pictures it appears to be a bottom firing RLH. I would assume that they recommend some space between the bottom and the floor for the mid/woofers rear wave to properly propagate.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back