Booksheld-with-sub or floorstanders? To be partnered with a Yamaha Ax-492 Stereo Amp

Re: Booksheld-with-sub or floorstanders? To be partnered with a Yamaha Ax-492 Stereo

Second that. Heard these speakers at Vinny's sometime back. If only he could tame the bass in his room! We tried Sarah McLachlan and Holly Cole, if i remember correctly. Beautiful sound, nice precision.

Yup. The speakers extend quite low. I have heard this in bigger rooms and they sound just fine Unleash. You need atleast 14 x 16ft or bigger rooms for this to work correct.

Re: Booksheld-with-sub or floorstanders? To be partnered with a Yamaha Ax-492 Stereo

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for the help! I'll check out the website. I play bass for Kryptos (www.kryptosindia.com).

Actually, I have also read a lot about the Monitor Audio BR2s. I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get them and how much they typically cost.

Thanks!

Hi Tnawayaj,
Now that things are in perspective I can suggest the best speakers for you.
The Emerald physics.Nothing is going give you the live experience than this one ;)
Emerald_Physics_CS2
A bassist in a rock band like Kryptos deserve nothing less:)
If this works out too expensive for you. Then I can whole heartedly recommend the MS 301.
Or go for a used dynaudio audience 72 or something like that. There is one or two for sale on the hifi mart section. It will need a better amp than the Yamaha though.
Forgive me for being blunt but avoid all entry level floorstanders.The BR-2 is an entry level speaker. All these are major compromises in the entire frequency range.
If you are really interested in the MS 301s and if Siva has a pair to sell, I can help you out with an audition in my friends house in Bangalore.
Let me know.

Last edited:

Hi
We also have the Usher V-602 FS on a closeout special over retail (last pair), this will compete with the likes of the MA RS6.

speaker-V-602 (we have the same color as on the web page)

cheers
[email protected]

@Soundsgreat: Hehehe, yes we were on TV9, I'm surprised that you saw us!

@Square_wave and Unleash_me: I called up acoustic portrait, they don't have any stock of the ms-301s. The Emerald CS2 must be brilliant but I'm quite sure I won't be able to afford it!!! But I'll keep your advice in mind before settling for a budget entry-level buy.

@Odyssey: I checked out the Usher V602. Will PM you for details.

Thanks all!!!

Hi,

Why man why are you surprised ?? Anyways I did watch that !!

Although Am not metal fan or something ! I watched it and sort of liked what I heard !!

Btw did you check my projects here ?? what bout that Auditioning thing ??

Regards.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back