Bookshelf or floor stander

ssps

AVR - Denon 791 ( already bought )

Room size - 18x12ft

Budget - 40 to 50k (5.1 setup )

Movies/Music - 50 - 50

For this budget is it possible to get a good 5.1 set up with floorstanders.If not, will bookshelf speakers fill the room .

Pls suggest some good speakers for this price range , had to go for demo this weekend.

If the speakers are meant for both Music and Movies, I would recommend a floor standing. I am a die hard Polk Auidio Fan.... so here is what I recommend

Try out
Polk Audio TSi 300 (21K) for FL and FR
Polk Audio CS20 (16K) for center
Polk Audio OWM5 (9K) surround
...errr you have run out of your budget...
You need to get a Sub Woofer.... You can add next time...

Hi SSPS,

Even my room size is more or less like yours & my speakers are Polk RTi A3 bookshlves, Centre is CSI A6 & Surround are FXi A6 & the AVR is Denon 2311.

I like the Polk Sound:)

In that budget you can audition

Qacoustics 5.1
Paradigm Cinema ct 110
Deftech Pro 600
Polk RTI series

at that budget imo you should go for bookshelves. better sound quality. but do an audition. go into a monitor audio outlet and listen to the bronze series floor standers versus the silver series bookshelves. both within your budget. you'll get an idea of whether you would prefer bookshelves or floorstanders. then you can audition various brands in whichever one you like.

If you are considering Polk, i will suggest the 400 instead of the 300. Also, in my recent demo's, i have seen that the floor standers perform much better than the book shelf models.

There is a vast difference between a FS and a BS, the FS being miles ahead of BS. If budget is a constraint, then do buy in phases by adding on the speakers.:thumbsup:

get a good floor stander ,center and surrounds first if ur have budget contrain and try to add subs later..........good sub alone costs around 25000 .............

Congrats ... When you planning to buy the subwoofer go for the Polk audio PSW125 and not the PSW110. The 125 performs much better than the 110. It fills the room well, has more tighter bass and good throw. A subwoofer is the backbone in a home theatre speaker system.

Surrounds and centre you can go for the basic ones or one model above depending on your budget.

Cheers

Actually bought the whole 5.1 package with polksw125 for 60k with free cables(profx ). Waiting for rear speakers to arrive , so haven't done audyssey set up yet.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back