Bookshelf speaker (Budget under Rs. 40000)

The KEFs play nicely with just about anything (in my collection) and are not very finicky.

This is what I felt too when I moved the Kef Q150 to my main system, till I wait for the new speakers.

Center image is spot on, speakers disappear and the bass is lovely. And they are just placed randomly on the table top without stands!

Guess what I am using the Denafrips Ares II with it 🤪

This is what I felt too when I moved the Kef Q150 to my main system, till I wait for the new speakers.
Have you decided on which?
Center image is spot on, speakers disappear and the bass is lovely. And they are just placed randomly on the table top without stands!

Guess what I am using the Denafrips Ares II with it 🤪
In that case, don't just sell it off yet. You ought to check its synergy with the new puppies!

Hands down the Mission. And while the tweeter is nice and refined, it's the woofer that really steals the show. Incredible heft and excursion while maintaining a very well balanced sound! It's a fantastic all rounder and all the speaker one needs if you want to call it a day! I've yet to come across a speaker below 1L that convincingly improves on the Mission QX2 to be considered a step up in SQ.
And the price is good too. I don't believe in spending 5 times this price for speakers for a 1/5th improvement in sound.

And the price is good too. I don't believe in spending 5 times this price for speakers for a 1/5th improvement in sound.
The best thing is, it does not need megabucks amplifiers to shine. It sounds fantastic even with a lowly (or so considered) and feeble Marantz NR1509.

Edifier s2000mk3 is available on amazon after sbi card cashback at 35800 according to me it is best bookshelf speaker in this price range .

Edifier s2000mk3 is available on amazon after sbi card cashback at 35800 according to me it is best bookshelf speaker in this price range .
Isn't that a Bluetooth powered speaker? Is it reliable? Does it stand up to the levels of normal passive speakers in discussion here? I am asking this because I have never used such speaker brands, especially the powered ones. I never really trusted their reliability.

The Swans D1090 is for 28K and its got a 6.5 inch woofer compared to the 5.5 inch on the Edifier and 220W compared to 130W. Also, it dips down to 38hz compared to 45hz for the Edifier. :)

Isn't that a Bluetooth powered speaker? Is it reliable? Does it stand up to the levels of normal passive speakers in discussion here? I am asking this because I have never used such speaker brands, especially the powered ones. I never really trusted their reliability.
I have the Swans D1090. Very nicely built and have considerable heft though they messed up the materials used on the front panel which feels plasticky - grilles always on for this one. On the other hand, its sides have a very nice quality feel that exceeds their modest price tag.

And neither do i trust their reliability which is why i bought them with a full cover warranty for 2 years which guarantees repair within 30 days or replacement.

Last edited:
The Swans D1090 is for 28K and its got a 6.5 inch woofer compared to the 5.5 inch on the Edifier and 220W compared to 130W. Also, it dips down to 38hz compared to 45hz for the Edifier. :)

I have the Swans D1090. Very nicely built and have considerable heft though they messed up the materials used on the front panel which feels plasticky - grilles always on for this one. On the other hand, its sides have a very nice quality feel that exceeds their modest price tag.

And neither do i trust their reliability which is why i bought them with a full cover warranty for 2 years which guarantees repair within 30 days or replacement.

From past 5yrs I've been playing Monitor Audio Mr 2 (Mods- Cabinet interior reinforced with thick bitumen paper & self adhesive dampener
crossover tweaked with better capacitor and resistors) fed by Marantz PM5005 and spitfire audio DAC. Violin and piano notes have a likeable weight, mids are clear, female voices dont shrill, treble has enough extension, though not smooth nor fatigue inducing, bass is quick with good impact, extension but not deep. Seperation, Image and Stage depends on placement. Nice PRAT. Monitor Audio Bronze 2 has better woofer and crossover components.

From past 5yrs I've been playing Monitor Audio Mr 2 (Mods- Cabinet interior reinforced with thick bitumen paper & self adhesive dampener
crossover tweaked with better capacitor and resistors) fed by Marantz PM5005 and spitfire audio DAC. Violin and piano notes have a likeable weight, mids are clear, female voices dont shrill, treble has enough extension, though not smooth nor fatigue inducing, bass is quick with good impact, extension but not deep. Seperation, Image and Stage depends on placement. Nice PRAT. Monitor Audio Bronze 2 has better woofer and crossover components.

One piece of advice- NEVER sell those. I had Monitor Audios M2 and M4 (floor standing ones) and one fine day just sold them off. Wonderful sound and fantastic low end. Thinking of getting back into MA.

Hands down the Mission. And while the tweeter is nice and refined, it's the woofer that really steals the show. Incredible heft and excursion while maintaining a very well balanced sound! It's a fantastic all rounder and all the speaker one needs if you want to call it a day! I've yet to come across a speaker below 1L that convincingly improves on the Mission QX2 to be considered a step up in SQ.
Phew....you surely have an amazing collection of gear. Especially speakers, and with that plethora of sound it surely gives you an upper hand at discerning various sound signatures of diff brands. So would like your thoughts on the Mission QX2 ,I use a pair of Diamond 225 mainly for music & recently heard the JBL stage A130 and loved it, so went ahead and bought a pair just for movies and hooked them up to the TV ( I'm thrilled with them and they sound great even with such a tiny enclosure, so i plan on keeping them), however i was planning to dispose the 225 and look at other options when your message got me & it got me hard.
Do you think the QX2 are a worthy upgrade that would stay with me for a long time no matter what latest one comes into the market ?
The reason i liked the 225 was that it's great for EDM and progressive music, would the QX2 do a better job at handling these genres ? ( I am definitely going to audition them in the near future)
But since you already have them and have heard what they can do. It would be great to have your feedback and pov as it would surely motivate me to audition a pair asap.Whats your feedback about the Mission Sub, i was really interested coz of the pricing around 24k ( would be a hard stretch for me above this price point and hence your suggestion would be invaluable here in my case)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back