Bookshelf speaker (Budget under Rs. 40000)

Btw
If you're not someone who likes to play
Loud
there are sealed NON ported speakers too that you can look at

However most of them have a mature sound
May not suit a first time buyer

Consider the NHT super ones 2.1. ..they are sealed speakers with very good bass. They are well balanced in my opinion and have a matured sound as mentioned by @magma . I have them and am happy with their sq.

I am surprised no one suggested KEF Q150s so far. I have owned them for a while and these sound great. Yes, these cost a little over 40k if that’s ok, you definitely should audition it.

Please make sure you audition all the speakers — that’s the only way you will know what you will love the most.

Consider the NHT super ones 2.1. ..they are sealed speakers with very good bass. They are well balanced in my opinion and have a matured sound as mentioned by @magma . I have them and am happy with their sq.
Nht

Brialliant !
I second this

Sorry for the typo. It was meant to read 2.5ft.
So my assessment on rear ports remain the same with 2.5ft.
You can now choose the speakers based on tonality.
Thanks again!
Will be auditioning a few of these speakers!!

Btw
If you're not someone who likes to play
Loud
there are sealed NON ported speakers too that you can look at

However most of them have a mature sound
May not suit a first time buyer
Love to play it loud, love my electronic music!!
On the other hand I do have these amazing floorstanders (25 years old), that are definitely non ported, and sound amazing!! Any suggestions for non ported bookshelf speakers?

Had considered them earlier, but could not find a retailer who could demo me those, any one you know in Mumbai?

I am surprised no one suggested KEF Q150s so far. I have owned them for a while and these sound great. Yes, these cost a little over 40k if that’s ok, you definitely should audition it.

Please make sure you audition all the speakers — that’s the only way you will know what you will love the most.
KEF Q150 have been considered and during my audition run, will plan to listen to those as well, but I am leaning towards bigger bookshelf speakers (preferably with 6.5inch woofers). The budget is a something I could consider for 5-10%.

The ideal speakers for me would be the KEF Q350, which are obviously way out of the budget!

KEF Q150 have been considered and during my audition run, will plan to listen to those as well, but I am leaning towards bigger bookshelf speakers (preferably with 6.5inch woofers). The budget is a something I could consider for 5-10%.

The ideal speakers for me would be the KEF Q350, which are obviously way out of the budget!
Though I haven’t used Q350 for long enough to comment, general feedback with many reviews is that Q150s are better sounding. Yeah audition is the only way to understand what you will like the best. Good luck!

I use them as my desktop speakers, friend was surprised with the amount of bass these little puppies generated.

I absolutely love these, I use them occasionally to see OTT or YT too.

Do audition if possible @chiraagm , these won't have low end and bass like the one listed above but surely do sound very good.

I had the q150s for a short while and I can say that the NHTs sound much better to my ears.
In fact I sold the q150s off very soon..

On the other hand I do have these amazing floorstanders (25 years old), that are definitely non ported, and sound amazing!! Any suggestions for non ported bookshelf speakers?
NHTs can go loud and they have way more bass than q150s.. In fact they are much better than q150s in all the department.. and yes they have 6.5"woofers too....
Look up for some reviews of them.. I have found people liking them more than the dynaaudio emit m20s!!!

ATC SCM 7

BBC designs
Harbeth, falcon , soundartist ,
But the bbc designs are a different flavor

Audiofy.in - Bromo Kit speakers. It will give you the sound of speakers 2-3x-5x in price.
+1 from me too. I personally own one of these and just love it. The signature of these Bromo’s are a class Apart. If you are mainly into Hardcore Metal or Trance go with their ADC tweeters or if the rest of the genre’s is what you listen to and like like a pleasurable performance then their combination of the famous Aluminium woofer with a CDC tweeter is the way forward.
Please be aware that these are 84db speakers with a nominal impedence of 5ohms and needs good drive. If you have a capable amplifier then these will outperform some of the speakers costing 2 to 3x it’s cost.

Regards,
Som

I will suggest you explore Indiq Audio, Bangalore offerings too. Highly rated by user FMs.
Yes + 1 from me for this one as well.
The new line up of speakers from IndiqAudio is both sonically and aesthetically good. Especially their new line up resembles to the likes of Sonus in terms of looks and sound wise I think some have already auditioned it in more detail and there are some posts somewhere in this forum.

I use Elac B5.2 with a subwoofer, absolutely enjoying it. Room size is about 14 x 14 L shaped.
+1 on this as well. If the budget is strictly under 40K the B5.2 or 6.2 are outstanding value for money. You can actually stick these speakers to the wall and they do very well. Again needs a capable amp to extract the max out of it. I had the Elac B6.2 and I was driving it with Denon 2600avr and have also used it with Yamaha RN803 and it did pair well. You should definitely audition these.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back