Bookshelf speakers for below 50K (No Subwoofer)

ShaQ.Blogs

Exploring the option of getting a pair of Bookshelf speakers for my bro.
Amp will be decided upon after the bookshelf speakers.

Budget max 50k.
This will be without a subwoofer. So the speakers must have good bass output. (Certainly no substitute for a subwoofer)
Primary use is music, movies once a while.

I am in Bangalore and would like to audition before buying.
What are my options in this price range range?

Budget max 50k.
This will be without a subwoofer. So the speakers must have good bass output. (Certainly no substitute for a subwoofer)

Q Acoustics 3030i, KEF Q350

@ShaQ.Blogs At a budget of 50k some of the bookshelfs which i have auditioned/read reviews to provide good quantity of bass would be
i) Elac Debut B6.2 - If you go to audition this , then you can try the newly released QAcoustics 3030i at Modern World, Domlu as the 3020i/Concept 20 do not have very good bass output. If willing to go used @Prodigy might be selling his Elac Debut B6.2.
ii) Kef Q350 - Have not demoed this , but have seen @DB1989 mentions that these give a really good quantity of bass. Their FS counterparts Q750/950 gave bass output like none other
iii) Dynaudio Emit M20 - I can attest to the fact that this has oodles of bass quantity. Will come near your budget if you find a used pair for sale.

Also alternatively if floorstanders work , at somewhere about 60k , the 3050i would be the perfect choice since it has good amount of bass and is well rated all round as well.

Last edited:

Budget max 50k.

Yes, I am looking at letting go of my Elac B6.2 if you are interested. Kept in excellent condition.

The Castle Knight 2 are back with Hifimart on pre-order after a long gap and at a good price. These aren’t as well-known as the QAcoustics and KEFs, but ask anyone who’s heard them and they’d have a story to tell. Not to everyone’s liking, but those who like their warmth, sweetness, looks and scale end up loving them. Not advisable for synthesized music, these surprise with the vocals and acoustic instruments. Have enough bass as far as two driver bookshelves go - more than adequate in my 320 sq ft room. I’d consider the Elacs as close to these. On the other hand if you prefer a crisper and detailed sound, go for KEF. If you aren’t clear about your sound preference, go with QAcoustics - they are kind of safe option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a fair number of speakers to audition. Something to start with. Thanks for the suggestions.

What would be the rough estimate for an amp to drive these speakers? Just to get an idea of my costs involved

Budget max 50k.

Since you are in Bangalore, recommend you to visit IndiqAudio.
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...-peek-into-their-custom-l-r.81701/post-906542

Got a fair number of speakers to audition. Something to start with. Thanks for the suggestions.

What would be the rough estimate for an amp to drive these speakers? Just to get an idea of my costs involved
If you're on a tight budget, the Marantz PM6006 works really well with both the Q acoustics as well as the KEF. The good thing (blasphemy to some) about the PM6006 is that it has tone controls and a loudness feature for low volume listening. Insofar as bass response is concerned, the KEF Q350s produce as much bass as the Wharfedale Evo 4.2s and extends to 25hz at -10db (35hz at -3db) in my room. However, positioning is key when it comes to bass response for most speakers and the KEFs or the Evos are no exception. But i agree with @SachinChavan, the Q Acoustics is the safest option.

Last edited:
For the QAcoustics 3030i/Kef Q350 , Marantz PM6006 should suffice. Not sure how they pair with ELAC but i believe they should do fine.

For Dynaudio M20 PM6006 are not really adequate, though it does sound good but nowhere to its potential. I found the m20 perform better with the Crown power amp. They opened up the soundstage and lows but reduced the warmthness that a Marantz brings into the vocals.

Try XTZ Spirit 4 series bookshelves. They have good mid and high range.

You can consider sonodyne speakers as well , You can get Floorstanders Sonus series (pair) within 50k , where you get more bass output.

Budget max 50k.

My first recommendation would be Dali Oberon 3. Excellent for music. Ideal if you like neutral sound.

Or else, 2 products from Sonodyne.

1. SRP 204 - An underrated active speaker with good sound reproduction. Eliminates the need of an amplifier.
2. Sonus 3165(tower). Can go deep.

You can try out the IndiqAudio Gold Series Towers too. It’s comes with 2 mids and a 8inch woofer. It’s got good mids and bass + has a good tonality and comes well within your budget.
They also offer 15days trial and return policy no questions asked. It’s a great way to test it with your rig at your home.

Regards,
Som

For the QAcoustics 3030i/Kef Q350 , Marantz PM6006 should suffice. Not sure how they pair with ELAC but i believe they should do fine.

For Dynaudio M20 PM6006 are not really adequate, though it does sound good but nowhere to its potential. I found the m20 perform better with the Crown power amp. They opened up the soundstage and lows but reduced the warmthness that a Marantz brings into the vocals.
How does the Elac Debut B6.2, QAcoustics 3030i/Kef Q350 pair with Crown XLS amps?
The crown amps are much cheaper around 20k. The Marantz is much more expensive

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back