bookshelf speakers for pc query

If you happen to be in Delhi, you could come over to my place for listening. I also have creative M80 24/96 digital monitors.

I packed off A2 within few hours after buying it. The moment you up the volume, it sounds like a cheapo with no control...

How much do these cost Creative M80 ?
Do these sound better than the AE 5's ?
These are 16w whereas the AE 5's are 45W. The creatives possibly cannot be as loud correct ?

Last edited:
I bought M80 from Singapore for S$100 about 3 years back.

My room is 200 sq.feet and they do justice there. Also I am not a big fan of loud music. Usually I listen to them at lower volumes.

I have checked out edirols and audioengine speakers. Ae2 has a good punch for such a small speaker in a good quality. Edirol sound better in digital connection compared to analog. However with edirol, by changing equalizer setting edirols can give out some sound. Bass on the speakers is enough for a 2.0 but it gets distorted on bass level 2. Edirol does well in mid and high volume, while ae2 does good in low and mid level. However, I dont think edirol can be compared to ae5. Audioengine 5 gives out really impressive sound and its in a way different league, but its too big to put it on the table. Audioengine 5 really hits the spot in all low, mid and high volume. I was being told to wait till they get some sets of samson speakers. I am not sure what kind of sub woofer can be put in edirols, but they are good sets to ownfor desktop for a small space. Ae2's price is 10750 and edirol 15d is for 11k from shalu's at vt.

hey no idea about the Edirols, but I own the AE2. See my thread below that includes my review and some pictures.

http://www.hifivision.com/authorise...ine-dealer-chennai.html?highlight=audioengine

The AE2 is an excellent pair of speakers and I seriously doubt you would do better for 10k INR....yes that's the price i got it at, contact the distributor....if he you are in Mumbai, he will deliver it to you, for 10k INR, if you are elsewhere in the country, he will deliver it to you for 10,400 INR.

Edirol is from Roland...they're good with electronics....i didn't even know they make speakers....would be interesting to listen to them....

Sorry for a really long bump but I am still on the hunt for good speakers and I am afraid I really need them more than ever since atp3 is dying out. I recently encountered this:
Swans M10 Review - Reviews and Previews - TechEnclave
Checked around via google and these speakers are really good in mids and highs. I was wondering if you get these in Mumbai. I asked shallu's and called up bajaao.com but they dont have it. So far the only contact selling these speakers is at Chennai.

Sorry for a really long bump but I am still on the hunt for good speakers and I am afraid I really need them more than ever since atp3 is dying out. I recently encountered this:
Swans M10 Review - Reviews and Previews - TechEnclave
Checked around via google and these speakers are really good in mids and highs. I was wondering if you get these in Mumbai. I asked shallu's and called up bajaao.com but they dont have it. So far the only contact selling these speakers is at Chennai.

What is your budget and what's the usage going to be mainly? If music what kind of music? IMHO you're better off with Creative, Logitech, etc. since you'll at least be covered with warranty and can audition them. If you have the budget then Altec Lansing MX5021 are an excellent choice for around 7K. Audioengine A5 at around 19K are even better.

Hei Sorcerer I have seen your post and so many replies about Audio Engine and the likes.

BUt I would suggest you have a listen to the Klipsch Promedia speakers should be around 15k you wont go wrong with it. I own one for the last 7yrs and still have not heard anything better among computer speakers they are THX certified and they look awesome if that counts.

Very few ppl in this forum own these I got it from Dubai since at that time it was not available in India,so I would recommend you to listen to these if possible and I am sure there are plenty of places were you can listen to these. IN bangalore Reliance timeout is one place you can see these.

Either you can go with the GMX 2.1 with the woofer or you can go for the Promedia Ultra 2.0 speakers.

ProMedia Ultra 2.0

well why not get a cambridge audio S30 along with S340SE amp,should be within ur budget and are much better then A5.

Read very good review about cambridge audio S30.

But the amps model S340SE is not known to me. Even on googling I could not find it. Can you give more explicit clue about this amp or any other suitable amp for S30 speakers?

BTW are S30 speakers nearfield ? How much distance does it require from the rear wall?

Thanks

Read very good review about cambridge audio S30.

But the amps model S340SE is not known to me. Even on googling I could not find it. Can you give more explicit clue about this amp or any other suitable amp for S30 speakers?

BTW are S30 speakers nearfield ? How much distance does it require from the rear wall?

Thanks

well the cambridge audio s340se is realy good amp goes well with s30 speakers and Morduant short speakers like 902i,well s30 as more detail then the MS902i ,but 902i has slight advatage in bass,the s30 has a rear firing port so it does need some distance in the cambridge audio showrooms,it was placed about 10 inches or less from the wall.these speakers along with s340 amp should be good for 150sq feet.

Thanks. I could find Azure 340A SE Amplifier through Googling. Can I use Azure 540A (Version-2) Amplifier with S30 speakers? I have a plan to expand the S30 (2.0 system) by including mid and rear speakers and a Sub in future to make it 5.1. Also, 540A Amplifier allows Incognito multiroom system, which I may ultimately go for.

I have ordered Asus Xonar DX sound card for my new PC (Biostar I45 Mobo, E8400, SunBeamTech CCF, 4 GB OCZ Gold RAM, Palit HD4870 1 GB Dual Sonic GPU, HX620 PSU, Liteon DVD Writer, CM590 casing). Shall it require any separate DAC or my Soundcard will do the function of DAC as far as my PC is concerned as source?

I may sound noobs. I am really noobs in this field.

Hi

If you can afford, go for the 640A v2 as its has better circuitry since there were some quality issues with earlier batch of the 540s though the later ones were pretty good.

Also the SQ fo the 640 is phenomenol to say the least compared to the 540

Thanks. I could find Azure 340A SE Amplifier through Googling. Can I use Azure 540A (Version-2) Amplifier with S30 speakers? I have a plan to expand the S30 (2.0 system) by including mid and rear speakers and a Sub in future to make it 5.1. Also, 540A Amplifier allows Incognito multiroom system, which I may ultimately go for.

I have ordered Asus Xonar DX sound card for my new PC (Biostar I45 Mobo, E8400, SunBeamTech CCF, 4 GB OCZ Gold RAM, Palit HD4870 1 GB Dual Sonic GPU, HX620 PSU, Liteon DVD Writer, CM590 casing). Shall it require any separate DAC or my Soundcard will do the function of DAC as far as my PC is concerned as source?

well sure u can use s 540A amp u wont have any problems,and ur asus xonar dx will just do fine ,so u dont need a external dac , offcouse u can always use a external dac,which u can add later on.but the asus does a decent job.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back