Bookshelf speakers under 15k INR.

Thanks .. the newer models from Edifier I think are R1700BTs & R1855DB and both has a bit different Sound Quality than their predecessors R1700BT and R1850DB . Can you guys confirm.
HiVi D1200 is also a newer model than D1080. I am looking for some feedback on D1200 .
Pick any one from the HiVi and you'll have a good start. Audition is the best way to decide( if possible) or YT vids will give you a basic idea of how they sound.

Pick any one from the HiVi and you'll have a good start. Audition is the best way to decide( if possible) or YT vids will give you a basic idea of how they sound.
Thanks . Actually for HiVi D1200 there is hardly any review or videos in YouTube. Fo Edifier I got to know the SQ difference from YouTube. Let's see if I could find any store in Bangalore where they have this entry level Bookshelf for demo .

Thanks . Actually for HiVi D1200 there is hardly any review or videos in YouTube. Fo Edifier I got to know the SQ difference from YouTube. Let's see if I could find any store in Bangalore where they have this entry level Bookshelf for demo
Just search HiVi D1200 on the forum.You will get some genuine answers.

FM @DB1989 has some great things to say about the HiVi D1200....and he for one knows his gear really well .A search should get you his feedback regarding them & I'm sure the pair will keep you thrilled for a long time.What genres do you listen to mostly ? I think it's the best bang for your buck at the moment since u have a price constraint.

FM @DB1989 has some great things to say about the HiVi D1200....and he for one knows his gear really well .A search should get you his feedback regarding them & I'm sure the pair will keep you thrilled for a long time.What genres do you listen to mostly ? I think it's the best bang for your buck at the moment since u have a price constraint.
It's the Hivi D1090, not the D1200 that i have experience with 🙂 mind boggling value at 27K (with card discounts).

My reference for good a 2/2.1 speaker system in that price range is the Altec Lansing MX5021 (Rs.6500 back in 2008). I have heard one Edifier below 15K viz. the 1280DBS and found it rather mehhh. It's Bluetooth reception was terrible to boot. There's no point having BT if it's unusable and requires an external receiver to sound decent.

It's the Hivi D1090, not the D1200 that i have experience with 🙂 mind boggling value at 27K (with card discounts).

My reference for good a 2/2.1 speaker system in that price range is the Altec Lansing MX5021 (Rs.6500 back in 2008). I have heard one Edifier below 15K viz. the 1280DBS and found it rather mehhh. It's Bluetooth reception was terrible to boot. There's no point having BT if it's unusable and requires an external receiver to sound decent.
Was referring to ....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230212-154239-364.png
    Screenshot_20230212-154239-364.png
    478.7 KB · Views: 12
I prefer mostly Pop, Country, Soft Rocks, Indian Classical and sometimes Bollywood and like the wider soundstage. I need the speaker to listen to music mostly and sometime will use for OTT . To add one more point ; for OTT i will connect it to my LG C9 . Now there is another concern if LG C9 has better DAC decoding then i will use the LG C9 Analogue out to Bookshelf Analogue In and for independent music i will use Bluetooth . The Speaker Models which i seems shortlisted has the below DAC from Texas Instruments .

Edifier R1700BTS : TAS5805
Edifier R1855DB : TAS5707
HiVi D1200 : TAS5754 .

Not sure about what LG C9 has for Its Integrated DAC.

I had one Altec Lansing 2.1 years back and the sound clarity was amazing as per its value ; and previously used AKAI HIFI Audio System in 2000 era and then late 2000 i had Creative 4.1 THX certified for my PC.
My recent search started off with a new 2.1 set just for casual music and ended up buying Panasonic HT 260 and returned it back ( I have a softcorner for Panasonic since the early 2000 AKAI days; when Sony & Panasonic used to lead the generic HIFI audio markets ) . Since then I thought lets have a refreshed start for my HiFi Audio beginning with a pair of Active BookShelf.

I prefer mostly Pop, Country, Soft Rocks, Indian Classical and sometimes Bollywood and like the wider soundstage. I need the speaker to listen to music mostly and sometime will use for OTT . To add one more point ; for OTT i will connect it to my LG C9 . Now there is another concern if LG C9 has better DAC decoding then i will use the LG C9 Analogue out to Bookshelf Analogue In and for independent music i will use Bluetooth . The Speaker Models which i seems shortlisted has the below DAC from Texas Instruments .

Edifier R1700BTS : TAS5805
Edifier R1855DB : TAS5707
HiVi D1200 : TAS5754 .

Not sure about what LG C9 has for Its Integrated DAC.
The HiVi anyday.....as per your choice of music .If i were you , by now I'd be looking at which dealer gives me the best prices .Don't over think / over analyse and just focus on which model amongst the HiVi's draws you to itself.
All the best....

Back