Bookshelf speakers under 15k INR.

Hello ,

New to the forum and this hobby in general. I'm looking to buy my first set of bookshelf speakers with a budget of less than 15K.
Have looked at audiophile subreddits and discord severs extensively but due to price differences in regions have not been able to find something that im comfortable pulling the trigger on.

My main use case for the speakers will be for music and as speakers for my guitar via amp sims. I have a Steinberg UR12 Audio Interface and play guitar via that into a DAW. I also like to dabble in some music making but I don't think I'm even close to the stage that I need reference level speakers. I just want to enjoy music [decent imaging, maybe I'm asking too much?]and my guitar.

I'm open to literally any speaker arrangement: active, passive w an amp ,etc. as long as its under the budget.

Thanks. :)

If you increase your budget by 7-8k, you can also consider the following. Should come within 22-24k after discount.

If you increase your budget by 7-8k, you can also consider the following. Should come within 22-24k after discount.

Really appreciate the input , but these seem to be 20-30k per speaker, for a stereo pair that is waaay above my budget haha. Thank you tho :).

https://amzn.eu/d/52xDkmT

These JBL studio monitor got some really good reviews. I wanted to get one myself but already owning a floor standing and book shelf speaker.

The 5" variant is available for 12K
Yes, the 5" (305p mk2) version is one of my options rn. My only hesitance w them is the noise from the amp, since my application is on the desk (<2ft away). My other option is the stage a130 which is passive and a cheapo amp , so no noise issues hopefully.
Thank you for your input, appreciate it.

Well the support thing was to be taken with a pinch of salt 😁, coz it's not a sure shot thing that something might conk.....there are examples where people have been using them for years without any issues.
Sorry ,but I'm not aware of any such floor noise in the A130 as its zilch, No matter which amp you pair them with..
Im out on work right now & maybe later will try and post a few pics. Bells and whistles meant a totally done up amp with display,tone controls,A/B switching, binding posts,remote etc (something that you can use right out of the box- just plug and play) against a bare bones amp board which would require soldering wires n stuff.( See pic attached)
The K4s were just something i came across while on Amazon & thought of you when I saw the pricing,hence posted that.
Thanks for all the help , you have been incredibly helpful <3. I think my 2 options rn are the 305s and a130s (leaning towards the 130s cause no noise). I dont think i really care about housing and looks (wrt to the amp), i can diy that and keep it hidden haha.

Thank you once again . truly appreciate the clarity i have now. :)

Folks , I am also in teh same boat as OP . Need suggestion on Bookshelf/Tower speaker . My requirement is mainly to listen to music wirelessly . Hence need latest Bluetooth 5+ versions . I like moderate bass but the echo/humming sound of bass. My budget is around 15K INR . The following Edifier Model are available in Amazon.

R1280DBs
R1700BTs
R1855DB

Can you suggest which one would be a pick for my taste and long term reliability . If there are any other online reliable market place to buy speakers let me know or any other brand models within this price bracket . Thanks.

Thanks for all the help , you have been incredibly helpful <3. I think my 2 options rn are the 305s and a130s (leaning towards the 130s cause no noise). I dont think i really care about housing and looks (wrt to the amp), i can diy that and keep it hidden haha.

Thank you once again . truly appreciate the clarity i have now. :)
Wha did you chose finally ?

Folks , I am also in teh same boat as OP . Need suggestion on Bookshelf/Tower speaker . My requirement is mainly to listen to music wirelessly . Hence need latest Bluetooth 5+ versions . I like moderate bass but the echo/humming sound of bass. My budget is around 15K INR . The following Edifier Model are available in Amazon.

R1280DBs
R1700BTs
R1855DB

Can you suggest which one would be a pick for my taste and long term reliability . If there are any other online reliable market place to buy speakers let me know or any other brand models within this price bracket . Thanks.
Please do check clearance section in volumate.in. Scansonic S5 actives are good for music. But it doesn't have Bluetooth option.

My requirement is mainly to listen to music wirelessly . Hence need latest Bluetooth 5+ versions . I like moderate bass but the echo/humming sound of bass. My budget is around 15K INR . The following Edifier Model are available in Amazon.

R1280DBs
R1700BTs
R1855DB

The 1280DBs is total bunkum. Nothing's good about it. It's BT quality is also quite shoddy.

Hello ,

New to the forum and this hobby in general. I'm looking to buy my first set of bookshelf speakers with a budget of less than 15K.
Have looked at audiophile subreddits and discord severs extensively but due to price differences in regions have not been able to find something that im comfortable pulling the trigger on.

My main use case for the speakers will be for music and as speakers for my guitar via amp sims. I have a Steinberg UR12 Audio Interface and play guitar via that into a DAW. I also like to dabble in some music making but I don't think I'm even close to the stage that I need reference level speakers. I just want to enjoy music [decent imaging, maybe I'm asking too much?]and my guitar.

I'm open to literally any speaker arrangement: active, passive w an amp ,etc. as long as its under the budget.

Thanks. :)
That’s an interesting budget! But if you want some fun and still have a great sounding speaker then you should definitely try your hands on an “Overnight Sensation”
It’s available on DiyAudiocart.com and it’s worth every penny and the time you spend on it.
It’s a fun project and a very easy build.

Thanks . Bluetooth is a must for me with aptXHD or LDAC . Not getting much options .

Shop: https://www.tatacliq.com/edifier-r1...rs-with-remote-wood-grain/p-mp000000008861678

Some options that have received positive reviews from audiophiles and users for their value for money and overall performance include:

1. Q Acoustics 3020i: These speakers are known for their accurate, punchy sound and solid build quality. They offer good value for money and are a popular choice for music listeners and home theater enthusiasts.
  2. Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2: These speakers are known for their balanced sound and engaging presentation. They offer good clarity and detail and are a great choice for those looking for a more immersive music experience.
  3. KEF Q350: These speakers are known for their clear, natural sound and good imaging. They offer good bass response and are a great choice for those looking for a balanced, all-round performer.

Shop: https://www.tatacliq.com/edifier-r1...rs-with-remote-wood-grain/p-mp000000008861678

Yeah. This is one model i shortlisted. Any other ?

Some options that have received positive reviews from audiophiles and users for their value for money and overall performance include:

1. Q Acoustics 3020i: These speakers are known for their accurate, punchy sound and solid build quality. They offer good value for money and are a popular choice for music listeners and home theater enthusiasts.
  2. Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2: These speakers are known for their balanced sound and engaging presentation. They offer good clarity and detail and are a great choice for those looking for a more immersive music experience.
  3. KEF Q350: These speakers are known for their clear, natural sound and good imaging. They offer good bass response and are a great choice for those looking for a balanced, all-round performer.
Thanks .. right now i am limiting my budget +/-15K INR. These models i see are almost double that . Is there a thread in this forum where i can see the reliable online retailers link apart from Flipkart & Amazon ?
Also is there any thread where offline stores deatils are shared for Bangalore where i can go and have the SQ experience ?

I have heard the R1700BT long time back at a colleague's place. They are decent but 16K is a steep price. He had bought them for 8K from Amazon. Have you considered Swans D1080, they are within your budget

I have heard the R1700BT long time back at a colleague's place. They are decent but 16K is a steep price. He had bought them for 8K from Amazon. Have you considered Swans D1080, they are within your budget
Thanks .. the newer models from Edifier I think are R1700BTs & R1855DB and both has a bit different Sound Quality than their predecessors R1700BT and R1850DB . Can you guys confirm.
HiVi D1200 is also a newer model than D1080. I am looking for some feedback on D1200 .

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back