Bookshelf speakers under 30k

The problem with Sound and Vision is that you will have to order the speakers without auditioning them.

Haven't been able to audition any other speakers apart from the one that I have already auditioned. With all the hype around the Aviano 2, will have to audition them soon.

Hi sm,

I am using MS Aviano-2 with Marantz PM6003 amp in a 12x10 feet room, placed at 20cm from back and 50cm from the side walls, have placed a carpet of size 7x4 feet size in the front and am not facing any issues with its rear port.

N.Murali
Same here.........Aviano 6s.......... (now almost burn d in........ :) )..rear ported..........1 feet space on d back in a 18by15 rooom........bass. s full n tight

Sent through Tapatalk from my XPERIA X1 with Android 2.2

Go for Tannoy Mercury series now renamed as Fusion and they cost around 19000. Sound is very mallow and don't stress your ears on prolonged listening.

Finally auditioned the MS Aviano 1, MS Aviano 2 and Cambridge Audio S30 at SBT Corporation. All three had a very distinctive sound signature. All of them were auditioned with a Yamaha Amp first but the dealer was kind enough to arrange a Marantz Amp for me to review the combo as a whole.

I felt the Aviano 1 produced better bass and the highs were a little(very little) harsh and voices were a little colored. The Aviano 2's lacked the bass of the Aviano 1, but I was amazed at the reproduction of voice by these speakers. They sounded the best from the speakers that I have heard so far. Next, just to get a feel of the sound signature, tried out the CA S30, for its size, the sound was good, though after listening to the Aviano's, we felt everything was lacking a bit, though they are not comparable.

My other half was accompanying me and she immediately fell in love with the Aviano 2 when she heard Chris Martin, she insisted on picking up the Aviano 2 and so we did. Knowing that if I auditioned more speakers, I'd get more confused and the Aviano's were sounding so good that we picked them up immediately. So finally the speaker quest has ended.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and reviews, and to the forum as a whole.

Have a few questions about speaker wires and bi-wiring and bi-amping. Will be posting in the AV Cables section.

Cheers

Hi sm,

Congrats on your purchase. :clapping:

Didn't I tell you to audition the MS Avianos before you take a call. But it is surprising that you say the Aviano-2 lacked bass compared to Aviano-1.

Anyway you owe me a drink friend. :yahoo:

N.Murali

Hi murali _n,

Thank you! The MS Aviano series was definitely in my list, but I didn't know until I auditioned that the voice reproduction would be this good. Bass is again a personal preference and it might have been because of the choice of the tracks, though the speakers were placed identically and with the same Marantz Amp.

Let me know when you are in Hyd for your drink ;)

Quick Dumb Question though, how do I connect the speakers and amp in bi-amp mode?
On the speakers its clearly marked for HF and LF, but on the amp, do I use Speaker A for LF and Speaker B for HF or vice-verse or use Speaker A for left speaker and B for right?

Cheers.

Hi sm

What price were the aviano 2? I am also scouting for the same and not sure about the prices.

BTW did you geta chance to audition the KEF Q300/100? Any feedbacks on those compared to the Aviano-2?

Sghosh

Hi Sghosh30,

Pm'ed you the price of the Aviano 2! Didn't audition the KEF 300/100, didn't feel like confusing myself! :D

Aviano's, so far so good! Still trying to listen to various genres of music and they haven't burned in yet, so will have to wait for some more time to give a proper feedback!

Cheers!

Quick Dumb Question though, how do I connect the speakers and amp in bi-amp mode?

Which amp do you have?.

Some amps do have 2 separate connections for connecting 2 sets of speakers
but I am not sure if they can be used for bi-wiring purposes. Some amps
specifically allow bi-amping. I may be wrong but it is better to get it verified
before trying it out.

EDIT:
I am wrong. From below posts and some search on the web, the 2 speaker terminals
on the AMP can be used for bi-wiring. Thank you Murali_n and arivuchelvan.

Last edited:
Allow some 50 hours for the Aviano to burn-in, don't play too loud initially, but play music with all frequencies. You can observe the treble will mellow down and bass will improve and be tight once burned in.

Hope this helps.

N.Murali

Thats true. When I first auditioned Aviano 6 it was opened fresh infront of me. Hence I got the feeling that pass and Mid range are not refined(which I mentioned in that thread). But after one weeks time (Mr. Suresh burned in the speaker by the time) First I auditioned Monitor BR5 and then went to audition Aviano6 and amazed at the best quality all freq delivery of Aviano6, which cannot be compared with BR5.

As for the Bi-wiring, Apart from what Murali has mentioned, there is another method where connecting A (or B) terminal to HF terminal of Speaker and Connecting B(or A) to LF terminal of speaker and play the Amp with Both A-B mode. This effectively avoid the so called Electro effect (forgot the term).

Now A mode will deliver for HF and B mode deliver for LF.

@ murali_n and arivuhelvan: Thanks for the bi-wiring diagrams.

Allowing the speakers to burn in as of now, will report back on the sound quality after maybe few weeks.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back