Boomy bass in my room

If you had a tub with the same shape as your room, filled it with water and dropped a pebble at the place where your sub is located, a single ripple image would be formed at the reflection point. You seem to be sitting at that point. Move the sub near a side wall.
You cannot absorb low frequencies, because to successfully do that you would need absorbent material that is many feet thick. You can dissipate the energy once you are done with using it. Furniture helps. Panels that vibrate but do not rattle are useful, including engineered flooring that sits loosely on vinyl sheets, and ceiling tiles that have these useful characteristics help a lot. Moving your bed 1 foot away from the wall, if you could, would be a good idea. Also place some artificial, or real, bushy plants in the room.

Genelec speakers are pretty good, the receivers tend to boost the bass too much during auto setup. I always reduce the sub volume manually after the auto room equalization is done. That itself may fix half your problem. You could consider installing tactile transducers/bass shakers on the bed, and keep the sub volume really low. The impact would be dramatic, both in perceived bass, as well as vanished booming.

Regards,
Sharad Medhavi

Best is to do a sub crawl ,but due to furniture ,space constraints etc., generally we couldnt able to place it at the best position ,however do subcrawl and select atleast the best place . The other option is to go for multiple subs or atleast dual subs. I heard REW is also good for bass management ,but didn't got a chance to learn/do it.
You could also try putting some cushion mat beneath the sub,so that it will minimise the boominess.
Also u can install some broad band absorbers ,bass traps acoutics to reduce this boominess.

Tried changing the subs position and reducing the volume.
Reducing the volume is robbing the rumble which was present earlier.
Have to try pyramid foam panel. Will order next week.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back