Bose Acoustimass 3, SeriesV, advise needed

Kamlesh D

In transit my bass module got destroyed. I have the two cubes. What can I paid them with to make use of them? Image included for reference.
Screenshot_20200922-150515_Chrome.jpg

i believe you want to know what you can Pair them with ? Only option is the Bose Bass module as this will not work with anything else and you will need to buy a new one.
If you have a subwoofer with a upper cutoff of 250 hz you may be ale to use it but i am not sure if that is available

Suggest you do not pair them with another sub as you are likely to damage the cubes.
It will work with another sub but not optimally for 2 reasons-
there is a protection built in for them when paired together and
the cross over point has been designed and set to sound best together.

Last edited:
Sorry to barge in. But, can't these speakers be used as surrounds? I mean, can't you just hook them up with an AVR?

Sorry to barge in. But, can't these speakers be used as surrounds? I mean, can't you just hook them up with an AVR?

In a Bose Accoustimas system, the connections from the amp go to the bass module first and then to the cubes from the bass module. The crossover is set in the bass module itself. The cubes may malfunction if directly connected to the amp.

You can hook up but it wont sound good without BASS module. You will hear only high notes ,no mids will be there.
BOSE speakers designed to work with the BASS module , which has DSP which sends mids and high tones to speakers.

Is your BASS module completely damaged ??., If you are able to switch on module and getting sound from speakers then still u can hook up your speakers to bass module and use it.

If your Woofer cone is damaged then you may try replacing with aftermarket 6" rubber cone sub (you should find correct sized driver fittin in bass module) which should not cost much . I think it will sound ok , as BOSE is not using the high end BASS driver though.

So, all Bose speakers 161/201/301 need their sub thingy?
Their Bookshelf series works directly without Sub. Bose Satellite speakers are designed to work with thier sub module.
By the way is your BASS module not turning on ? or damaged fully ?. You may try to fix with some local electronics shop with minimal cost.

The bass module for AM3 is a passive one anyway, so I assume this is a physical damage

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back