Bose Acoustimass Series V paired with Denon AVR2400H

kavir

Hi all,

I currently have a Bose Acoustimass Series V paired with a Denon AVR2400H. I know a lot of people hate Bose. But i got it as a gift and i couldn't refuse. I would like to know the best settings on the AVR, concerning crossover & speaker size. I tweaked here and there but i couldn't get the best audio out of it. I did the setup using Bose's manual. All speakers set to LARGE, Crossover to the minimum - 80hz for all speakers & LFE is ON.
But it doesn't sound okay. Is there any setting i'm missing?

2 things i tried:
I tried to put the speakers to small and crossover at 150hz, i lose all the bass.
I put only the front & centre speaker as large, i regain the bass but its too much.

Any settings for these damn Bose?

Thank you.

I am assuming series 5 is for stereo with a pair of jewel cubes plus the passive subwoofer.
I think you may need to set the speakers as large as you are not using any dedicated powered subwoofer. Also the crossover with the cubes is taken care internally by the bass unit.
I had the accoustimass 5 years ago and lasted for a good 10 years. I felt that it was lacking in bass as compared to a 10 inch powered subwoofer .
I don't think I hated it. It was good for what it was, but for the same price you could get better stuff.

Hi all,

I currently have a Bose Acoustimass Series V paired with a Denon AVR2400H. I know a lot of people hate Bose. But i got it as a gift and i couldn't refuse. I would like to know the best settings on the AVR, concerning crossover & speaker size. I tweaked here and there but i couldn't get the best audio out of it. I did the setup using Bose's manual. All speakers set to LARGE, Crossover to the minimum - 80hz for all speakers & LFE is ON.

2 things i tried:
I tried to put the speakers to small and crossover at 150hz, i lose all the bass.
I put only the front & centre speaker as large, i regain the bass but its too much.

Thank you.

Hi,

Did you run audyssey setup? If not do that. (Refer Denon Manual). Once setup is done, You will have REFERENCE & FLAT as available Audyssey setup results. I kept mine on FLAT ( I use a Marantz). Dynamic Volume is kept as Medium. Toggle between both and see what sounds better for you.

Once Audyssey is set then you can manually tweak the Frequency if needed for each speaker as cutoff. I have Kept Bass Management as LFE+MAIN. This should take care and ensure regardless if using the Bose Acoustic Mass 5 (AM 5) which is stereo or if using the Acoustic Mass 10 (5.1).

Ensure the Cubes are placed properly and angled appropriately so that the sound emitted from them travels better. If the subwoofer is a powered one, keep optimal settings on the subwoofer. typically 50%. Adjust it either + or - to trim the bass to your liking.

Hope this helps.

Hi all,

2 things i tried:

Thank you.
Keep the Subwoofer as OFF (ie LFE as 0 ) and speaker as large. I assume you do not have a subwoofer ( other than the acoustimass module) connected right ?

If the above is the case the system is sending all signals below 150/80hz to a non existent subwoofer and not to the speaker.

Bose works very well as a Lifestyle home theater.

I have very old BOSE 5.1 speakers + ONKYO combo and still i am using this setup in my Living Room for watching TV.

Below are the settings works best.
1.Set all Speakers to small.
2.cross over at : 80 hz.
2.In SP distance settings - Front : 12 to14 ft , Center : same as front . Sub: +2 than front. (14 or 16 ft)
3.SP level settings . Center : +1 , Subwoofer: +4 (Try increasing if you still lack BASS).

My ONKYO AVR dont have EQ settings it has only BASS , Treble settings. I set BASS : -8 , Treble: +8. This way i hear very clear music/dialogs and BASS is balanced with above Sub SP level settings.

In case of Denon AVR you will have manual EQ settings.
In manual EQ : Try increasing all BARs which is 80 HZ below to +2 to +4 , until you hear good /balanced BASS.

Also as much as possible keep the BOSE sub module very close to the wall until you hear powerful BASS. For me mostly it worked better keeping it very close to the Wall and keeping it in corner .

Hope it helps.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back