Bose Connection Advice

manumani

Hi,
I have a Bose V20 system and needed some advice on how to connect the various gadgets to it. I have a
1. PS3
2. Wii
3. TataSky Box

Currently all 3 are connected to the back of my TV, and whenever I want to play games in surround-sound, I just connect the ps3 to the V20 media console, and video out from bose to the TV.

How do I connect my bose to the equipment (including TV) in such a way that I have the option to direct the audio to the TV speakers or the Bose without having to connect & disconnect cables every time? I do not want to use the bose speakers all the time.

Another question - Does it matter (in terms of sound quality) if audio out from PS3 is through optical cable or RCA cable ? Distance between ps3 and bose media console is 1 ft.

Regards
Manumani

Have you tried calling Bose service? They charge you all that money to provide good service. I doubt many people here have bose systems.

regards

How do I connect my bose to the equipment (including TV) in such a way that I have the option to direct the audio to the TV speakers or the Bose without having to connect & disconnect cables every time? I do not want to use the bose speakers all the time.

What TV do you have and what are the connectivity options available (audio/video) on the TV and also on your PS3, Wii, TataSky? Does the TV have a Audio Out option?

Another question - Does it matter (in terms of sound quality) if audio out from PS3 is through optical cable or RCA cable ? Distance between ps3 and bose media console is 1 ft.

Irrespective of whether it is 1ft or 10ft, an optical/digital coaxial cable connection will always be better than an RCA connection to the AVR. The optical/digital cable will carry Dolby/DTS in 5.1 to your AVR while the RCA will carry 2.0 at best.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back