"bose or no bose" is the question

Okay guys, I finally took the plunge this weekend and brought home Zensor5 pair, Pico Vokal center, Dali E9F sub and Focal Dome 2.0 surround and Denon 1500h. Was worried that they will not sound as fab as they did in the demo room but they haven't disappointed. Even wifey grudgingly admits that they sound better than bose lifestyle :)

Many thanks to all in this forum who chipped in with their advice. You guys are awesome!

Cong's bro.
Nice choice ...

Okay guys, I finally took the plunge this weekend and brought home Zensor5 pair, Pico Vokal center, Dali E9F sub and Focal Dome 2.0 surround and Denon 1500h. Was worried that they will not sound as fab as they did in the demo room but they haven't disappointed. Even wifey grudgingly admits that they sound better than bose lifestyle :)

Many thanks to all in this forum who chipped in with their advice. You guys are awesome!
Great choice. And, yes, this forum is awesome :)

Congrats, other good option would have been the morel soundspot's, amazing for their size & looks.
Being an owner of four of these for side and back surrounds in a 7.1 setup, I would definitely support that.
But that's not to put down the Focals which would surely be wonderful.

Hi Guys,

I am looking to upgrade from my 10 year old Sony 5.1 HTIB and have budget of 1-3 L. I went to Onkyo store in Forum value mall and they have S7800 HTIB package for roughly 1L. It supports 4K and Dolby Atmos etc and the budget seems quite okay to me but given that it has relatively big speakers and no wireless surround, wifey is resisting it tooth and nail cuz she thinks its going to ruin the aesthetics of the living room. Other end of the spectrum is Bose Lifestyle 600 and 650 and they do have small footprint and equally good sound but burn a much bigger hole in the pocket with 2.6-3.5L range. I was wondering maybe I can find a middle ground with Bose Acoustimass 10 speakers at 95k and slap an AVR of around Rs 50k on it. What do you guys suggest? Are there non bose speakers that are small but still powerful and not as expensive? Please opine.

Thanks in advance,
~Y
Just check Q acoustic 3010i package. I got it just fab....

Congrats on your decision and on avoiding Bose! As you can guess, I'm not a fan of the Bose speakers and all-in-ones...way overpriced for what they put into the product...

Awesome!!
Now I can tell my friends in Dali that I got them a customer :p

Congarts for your new setup, I'm bought my Z5 3-4 yrs back and still enjoying every bit of these. Z5 always surprised me whenever i Upgraded source - 3 times.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back