Bose QuietComfort 25?????

shredder

I was thinking of going for a pair of noise cancelling headphones, specifically the Bose QuietComfort 25. I am aware that the sound is not all that great. It is build quality that I am concerned with however. The more recent reviews on Amazon.com and even a few on Amazon.in have spoken about quality issues - one common issue seems to be that one of the earcups stops working right around the time that the warranty period gets over.
So just wanted to ask forum members owning the QC25 whether they have personally faced such issues. Any input will be much appreciated.

Regards

I have the qc25 and the qc35. They are excellent. No issues so far. The sound quality and build is very good.

I was thinking of going for a pair of noise cancelling headphones, specifically the Bose QuietComfort 25. I am aware that the sound is not all that great. It is build quality that I am concerned with however. The more recent reviews on Amazon.com and even a few on Amazon.in have spoken about quality issues - one common issue seems to be that one of the earcups stops working right around the time that the warranty period gets over.
So just wanted to ask forum members owning the QC25 whether they have personally faced such issues. Any input will be much appreciated.

Regards

Using QC25 for over a year now. Excellent nose cancellation and no quality issues

Bose QC25 is good if you are looking for Noise Cancellation along with quality sound.
If noise cancellation is not required, there are many other brands/products.

QC25 is available at half price on Amazon now

bose build quality is very good and the QC 25 and 35 are very robust. if looking at wireless+ NC+Voice quality the Sony WH 1000 ie perhaps a better bet today

I have been using QC25 for more than a year now and there has not been any issues. One thing though that if the battery is low on power, it starts with a cracking sound , which I think because noise canceling turns on/off . Changing the battery solves the problem immediately. Sound quality is also not that bad either.

Though you are not considering an in-ear model I thought of just sharing my experience. I have been using a QC 20 - in ear noise cancelling buds since Dec 2013. Mainly used in travel, morning walks, conference calls etc. pretty heavy use - average 3 hours a day for about 4 years and sporadic use in the past year and half or so. Unlike many, I like the Bose audio quality - sound is very realistic and far superior to many other high end models that I tested before I bought this pair.

Buds are still usable - still using the original medium size tips. Wires are a concern - build is not robust - poor quality sleeving / design has caused the sleeve to be worn in quite a few places especially where it bends and even in some other places! Probably a bit of wrapping it up in a hurry and shoving it in a pocket without using the provided case contributed - but not the sole culprit for the problem. The short length between the 3.5mm jack and the noise cancelling electronics is designed for fast wear. Battery life has come down to about 4-5 hours with noise cancellation on from the original 10+. The noise cancelling and audio quality are still extremely good. It fit my ears snugly and used it quite a few times in long flights without any pain. The small footprint of these earphones makes them very easy to carry unlike the over-ear models Yes, you premium for the Bose label, but isn't the same thing true for iphones?

Bose is yet to beaten when it comes to noise cancellation. There are better sounding headphones out there for its price for sure. But when it comes to a package at the end of the day Bose wins. Customer service during warranty period is really good. My friend has a qc 35 while it doesn't sound nearly good as my beoplay h6, in a quite place, in real world with the noises I cannot enjoy music as he does on the qc 35. While to tonality is still preserved, I cannot hear the extra detail which my headphone producing as its sunk in the noise which makes the Bose more practical. It's light, decently sounding and does not have the quality issues the sony wx 1000 3 has. The sony if it lasts is altogether a even better t package than the Bose. But from reviews they are not good with customer service and qc issues are common with its headband. If sony makes it sturdy next time it will be a better buy as it gives everything Bose gives + much better sound quality.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back