Boston Acoustics A26 Review

Since your review abracher9 these have gained quite a reputation. I am interested in getting a pair myself, but would like an audition before. Anyone know where I can get an audition for these in Kolkata?
Also abracher9 you have paired these withe the Topping and now the Marantz, how would you classify these, on the brighter or warmer side?

They are on the warmer side of neutral with Marantz. Great combination, in my opinion.

Boston Acoustics A 26 Bookshelf Speaker is available in hifimart as an offer for 19,990/- is it worth. I would like to hook it on to marantz cd player and norge amp.
please give your opinion.

Yes, definitely. Much better soundstage, clarity and bass is deep but not boomy.

Hi,
I bought my pair of Boston A26 last week. After about 40+ hours of run-in I have a feeling that the bass is quite excessive. I usually keep my bass volume flat for my previous setup(MA BR2) but after hooking up this speaker I have to tone down my bass volume to about 50% less than flat. Will the bass tame down on continuous usage? Did you have the similar feeling during the initial phase? This is definitely not that annoying but, I feel that if bass is bit tight then it could have been better.

FYI, I use Luxman amp sourced with Marantz CDP through Musical Fidelity VDAC II.

Regards,
Madhur

Hi,
I bought my pair of Boston A26 last week. After about 40+ hours of run-in I have a feeling that the bass is quite excessive. I usually keep my bass volume flat for my previous setup(MA BR2) but after hooking up this speaker I have to tone down my bass volume to about 50% less than flat. Will the bass tame down on continuous usage? Did you have the similar feeling during the initial phase? This is definitely not that annoying but, I feel that if bass is bit tight then it could have been better.

FYI, I use Luxman amp sourced with Marantz CDP through Musical Fidelity VDAC II.

Regards,
Madhur

I'm using marantz pm5004 and find bass adequate, not excessive.

I use Yamaha 473 with A26. I also feel it is "bassy". I don't know whether I can make a proper judgement as this is my first setup. But the "bass" feel isn't going away.

I use Yamaha 473 with A26. I also feel it is "bassy". I don't know whether I can make a proper judgement as this is my first setup. But the "bass" feel isn't going away.

Hi,
I have a good news for you. My bass got tamed upon changing my interconnects :eek:hyeah:. I replaced my bandridge profigold interconnect with Van den hul 102 Mk3 . You shall try changing your interconnect and see if it's working out.

Thanks,
Madhur

Recently ordered A26, it was on my wish list and hifi mart x-mas offer was so tempting.
I guess many forum members might have ordered A26.

It is a good time to make this thread more active.
Mine is still under shipment.

Received yesterday from hifimart, very good build quality and sound stage. In flat level (bass & treble level 0) high frequency is lacking, not crispy.
If using a loudness control amp, its ok

Boston A26 is very good response for Records, and harsh recording songs

One more thing, now price is very low in hifimart. 100% value for money item. It can beat rs.30k bookshelf speakers. Better bass performance (not boomy), and attacking mid level sound stage.....

Me too. Got it on Tuesday absolutely loving it. I am living in a rented house hope it won't bring down the wall :) bass response is awesome. I have paired it with Norge 2060. Bought it with recommendation from members here. Thanks Guys!

Received mine on Tuesday as well and paired it with Norge 2060. My trusty old Squeezebox feeding the Norge.

This pair is much heavier than the Polk it's replacing. The sound is couple of scale better as well.

It's a steal at this price.

I have finalized denon X1100w , due to budget constraint i am not able to buy 7.1 package right now. therefore i am thinking to buy this bookshelf pair for timebeing. my query is that can i use these speakers in future as side surround or surround back speakers in my HT. please guide

with regards

uttam

It is always good to match the speakers from same series for all 7 channel. This will produce consistent sound signature.

I have finalized denon X1100w , due to budget constraint i am not able to buy 7.1 package right now. therefore i am thinking to buy this bookshelf pair for timebeing. my query is that can i use these speakers in future as side surround or surround back speakers in my HT. please guide

with regards

uttam

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back