Boston Acoustics A26 Review

Got mine on Monday and paired it with Marantz PM 5004 today with volumio on cubietruck feeding it. Love it absolutely:)

Ordered it from Hifimart for Rs.13900/- Used it in low volume for approx 40+hrs. Now playing in normal volume. Very happy with it. Best value for money. :)

My source is Fiio X3 and playing MP3 songs. I feel the bass is little bit on higher side. So, I enabled tone control and have reduced bass through my Nakamichi IA-2 amp.

Great to see this thread going. When I bought the speakers, there were no opinions on them in this forum. However these speakers are great when paired with Marantz and Topping.

I have also got BA26 in the recent HiFiMart discount.
I would place the sound signature quite close to the Wharf 9.2 Diamonds that I had heard long time back.

The only thing I don't like is excessive emphasis on sibilance frequencies. (>7kHz) I am sure most people actually would love this emphasis though, because it makes music and speech more lively.

Overall: excellent speakers. With a tad recessed vocal midrange.

However, I was very surprised in the bass department. Compared to the small Quad 11L2 that I have, this one has 6.5" woofer. Quad has 5".
Quad blows BA in bass!

I've paired up the BA A26s from Hifimart with a Marantz PM 5004 and an Audioengine D1 DAC.

I must say I was initially disappointed with the soundstage, the A26s sounded, well, terrible out of the box.

With about 50 hours of burn-in time done, they have improved in leaps and bounds and I can now wholeheartedly say I am very pleased with the way they sound.

Looks like these speakers are no more found in the market.

What are good alternatives to BA A26 bookshelves available in the market?

I've paired up the BA A26s from Hifimart with a Marantz PM 5004 and an Audioengine D1 DAC.

I must say I was initially disappointed with the soundstage, the A26s sounded, well, terrible out of the box.

With about 50 hours of burn-in time done, they have improved in leaps and bounds and I can now wholeheartedly say I am very pleased with the way they sound.
Are you sure it was due to burn-in or because of ears getting used to it?
Poor soundstage mostly occurs due to reflected waves (eg if you keep speakers close to the rear or side wall), so if you moved the speakers around during this break in period - that might have improved the sound.

In my experience, the BA26 I have, churns out the exact same sound it was doing on the first day.

Will this speaker come again in Hifimart? or it is already discontinued.. Recently bought Norge 2060. Please suggust me other alternatives..

Will it(5 inch Driver) give same amount of Bass as Boston Acoustics A26(6.5inch Driver)?

Thanks abracher9 for this thread.. I have bought a Marantz Nr 1601. After reading your review i m thinking about going for Boston A 26 from hifimart.I hope they are really good for movies. I will be going for a 2.0 setup only.
I started this thread last week.. http://www.hifivision.com/surround-...-speakers-marantz-nr1601-7-1-channel-avr.html
SVS, Did you pair Boston A26 with Marantz NR1604? How is the setup Music wise? what all other components did you use? if using it in Home Theater setup too? I am planning NR1504 with BA A26 (Fronts) + BA A23 (surrounds) + BA ASW250 (sub woofer) and BA A225C (as centre channel). What is your take on this?

I am looking to buy BA A26..but at hifimart it shows "sold out". Is there any shop inn Delhi/Kolkata which may have stock? Any idea ?
I'm planning to sell mine immediately. If interested, you can contact me anytime after 15 August when I'll be able n Delhi.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back