bought 40 B530 and first glitch in 6months

vulpine

hi,
i have been silently following this forum for long time when i started a hunt for a new lcd tv and got a lot of info.:clapping:
I am finally here to take a last plunge to choose between
samsung 40B550
samsung 40B650
samsung 40b6000

my usage is DTH (75%) and HD movies(25%)
100hz really matters??for my usage:rolleyes:
I'm not interested in other features of 650 over 550
please help me....

LG LH90:licklips: what about this??this is pulling me for its sweet price and technology but I'm avoiding as LG is not known for LCD ??

:signthankspin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: sammy 40" 550 or 650...???or led lcd...?

:sad::sad:
any one there to help me....
pls drop in ur opinions i'll respect them:)

well 100hz gives u that sharper look in high speed camera pans or fast action videos.
the samsung B650 is a great choice,but as many have said availabilty is a issue.the B550A is also great since it is cheap decent 1080p lcd.
no comment on LH LH90,i haven't seen it yet.
u can also have a look at the sony 40w550A,is better in SD conent which is ur DTH.

hi,
i have been silently following this forum for long time when i started a hunt for a new lcd tv and got a lot of info.:clapping:
I am finally here to take a last plunge to choose between
samsung 40B550
samsung 40B650
samsung 40b6000

my usage is DTH (75%) and HD movies(25%)
100hz really matters??for my usage:rolleyes:
I'm not interested in other features of 650 over 550
please help me....

LG LH90:licklips: what about this??this is pulling me for its sweet price and technology but I'm avoiding as LG is not known for LCD ??

:signthankspin:

I have very similar TV viewing requirements as yours (perhaps more % of DTH viewing) and was also unsure about the 100Hz, just like you. In addition to the above LCDs, I had also shortlisted the SONY 40V550. Finally purchased the SAMSUNG 40B530 during the current festive season, for a variety of reasons.

I will be writing a detailed post about the 40" Samsung 5 series that I have recently purchased.

u can also have a look at the sony 40w550A,is better in SD conent which is ur DTH.
but sony is too costly for what is being offered
moreover sony didn't impress me as much as samsung did:D
SD content looked almost similar on both TVs (may be i dont have keen eyes)

does 100Hz improves PQ with SD???
LED tv looks brilliant on HD.much better than any other LCD:clapping::clapping:
can it handle the SD the same way compared to B650 & b550???

I have very similar TV viewing requirements as yours (perhaps more % of DTH viewing) and was also unsure about the 100Hz, just like you. In addition to the above LCDs, I had also shortlisted the SONY 40V550. Finally purchased the SAMSUNG 40B530 during the current festive season, for a variety of reasons.

I will be writing a detailed post about the 40" Samsung 5 series that I have recently purchased.

congrats for your sammy:):)
looking forward to your review
please post it before monday
As i have to take decision on tuesday itself

but sony is too costly for what is being offered
moreover sony didn't impress me as much as samsung did:D

does 100Hz improves PQ with SD???
LED tv looks brilliant on HD.much better than any other LCD:clapping::clapping:
can it handle the SD the same way compared to B650 & b550???

well yes the B650 is comparable to B6000 led backlight lcd.only thing is the LED lcd will have a more aggressive dynamic contrast.the price premium for LED ain't worth it also ,since u find sony expensive,u should either look at the samsung B5xx or B6xx.
the 100hz like i said before gives sharper image in fast action scenes whether its SD or HD,it also help reduce judder in 24p movies.

thanx guys

I have taken samsung 40b530:licklips: LCD as 550 was out of stock
and there is not much difference between them

here is my short review thru my 1 week of ownership

looks:looks are really superb with piano black finish and glass bezel looks really high class:clapping:

performance:
SD:i have airtel DTH and the quality is better than i expected samsung software is good at upscaling. Its pixel to pixel mapping really works
there is no noise or pixels visible in almost all the channels except for some regional channels where pixels are visible but it's not that horrible
but colors are not that VIVID even after settings
may be composite input to blame
HD:played some HD stuff via hdmi from laptop.picture is simply superb no words to describe and nothing to find fault no lagging no artifacts:thumbsup:

cons:
-USB doesn't play movies (i dont need as i have philips dvd)

thanx guys

I have taken samsung 40b530:licklips: LCD as 550 was out of stock
and there is not much difference between them

here is my short review thru my 1 week of ownership

looks:looks are really superb with piano black finish and glass bezel looks really high class:clapping:

performance:
SD:i have airtel DTH and the quality is better than i expected samsung software is good at upscaling. Its pixel to pixel mapping really works
there is no noise or pixels visible in almost all the channels except for some regional channels where pixels are visible but it's not that horrible
but colors are not that VIVID even after settings
may be composite input to blame
HD:played some HD stuff via hdmi from laptop.picture is simply superb no words to describe and nothing to find fault no lagging no artifacts:thumbsup:

cons:
-USB doesn't play movies (i dont need as i have philips dvd)

CONGRATULATIONS!

Good choice! Welcome to the 40B530 club! Agree with you. The SD PQ on the B530 is very good. The upscaling engine in the SAMSUNG B530 does a very good job. I have TS and the PQ on the channels I normally watch is really good.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Good choice! Welcome to the 40B530 club! Agree with you. The SD PQ on the B530 is very good. The upscaling engine in the SAMSUNG B530 does a very good job. I have TS and the PQ on the channels I normally watch is really good.

thanx geotracks

can u share ur tv settings??
my settings are as follows
picture-standard
backlight-8
contrast-88
color-44
brightness-45
sharpness-60(SD)
warm1
edge enhancement-on
dnie-auto

i find these settings really superb for watching SD

Congrats. What was the price?

Just now visited samsung india site and they put "new" against most of their models. Any idea what's happening? Are they being released with minor tweaks? I hope they resume supply of B650. Heard that's equally good in playing SD and it has 100 Hz et al.

these are some pics i have taken

AIRTEL DTH
DSC01876.JPG

DSC01874.JPG

DSC01881.JPG

DSC01882.JPG

31102009008.jpg

DSC01884.JPG

31102009014.jpg

ps:if there is any blurring in the pic its not becas of tv but my poor photography:p:p

Congrats. What was the price?

Just now visited samsung india site and they put "new" against most of their models. Any idea what's happening? Are they being released with minor tweaks? I hope they resume supply of B650. Heard that's equally good in playing SD and it has 100 Hz et al.

no changes as far as my knowledge goes
its just their website has been facelifted
BTW i see "new" from past 3 months or so:p

how much did you buy it for?

people, does 40 inch b550 look equally good in SD? Asking this question because at 32, SD generally isn't that bad.

how much did you buy it for?

people, does 40 inch b550 look equally good in SD? Asking this question because at 32, SD generally isn't that bad.

oh sorry i didn't notice ur question

it costed me 49k with out any offers.....

Congrats mate nice choice ... I got the same one recently :p

I've been playing around and have settled in on the cool color tone for the while ... yet to find time to sit and calibrate it perfectly. Will post the rest of the settings later if you want :)

congrats:) did u buy it while the diwali offer was going on?or was it puchased after diwali.

If this is so, I would pick the lesser cost one. :)
If you can't distinguish side by side, you will not be able to if they are farther apart.

Glad you made the right choice.. ;)

Last edited:

Congrats mate nice choice ... I got the same one recently :p

I've been playing around and have settled in on the cool color tone for the while ... yet to find time to sit and calibrate it perfectly. Will post the rest of the settings later if you want :)

congrats thexfactor
yeah...i would like to know your settings.....
congrats:) did u buy it while the diwali offer was going on?or was it puchased after diwali.
it was purchased 3 days after diwali still,there was free dvd player offer which i ignored

If this is so, I would pick the lesser cost one. :)
If you can't distinguish side by side, you will not be able to if they are farther apart.

Glad you made the right choice.. ;)
thanx blasto

no changes as far as my knowledge goes
its just their website has been facelifted
BTW i see "new" from past 3 months or so:p

Congrats on your new purchase! Hope your new Sammy will give you and your family years of happy viewing! :) Thanks for the pics as well.

By the way as you said there is nothing new about the website. They have just made it look more like their websites for other countries such as the US

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back