Bought Philips HtiB 5530 !

dpkarvind

First of all....this is my first post on the forum. But have been reading a lot of posts around HTiBs, Plasma/LCDs, Media players etc. and I must say this is a fantastic forum which did help me a lot while considering various options around.

Ok, for the last few days I had been looking at the forum and I had some immediate requirements around buying a Plasma (started off with an LCD in mind but the forum helped me make up my mind completely in favour of a Plasma), a decent low budget hometheatre and HD media player.

I have now gone ahead and bought myself a Panasonic Plasma TH42S10D, a Philips 5530 HTiB and an IOmega Screenplay Director HD media player.

Panasonic Plasma 42S10D : 44000
Philips 5520 : 13800
Iomega HD media player : 9300 (1 TB storage variant)

My initial feedback:
Very happy about all the 3 gadgets I have got...wonderful blacks and colors on Panasonic.
Beginning to slowly like the Philips 5530 (slowly bcos I had auditioned Denon 390XP which was simply awesome). But finding now that the Philips box does a decent, in fact, great job.

And the Iomega...wonderful way of storing and streaming movies...1080p output scaling, lots of connectivity options HDMI, USB, Component, Digital audio etc. I had actually gone to buy Xtreamer / WDTV Live but ended up buying IOmega as the other 2 were not available in Nehru Place on that day.

Except for the Panasonic which is wall mounted now, the other 2 gadgets are just lying connected out of the box with no proper mounting.

Will come back later with more feedback.

In the meantime, anyone having any of these already are welcome to share thier experiences.

Congrats! Do post some pictures too.
A review on IOmega would be fine once you had experienced with all its features! (inculsive of 1 TB, good!!!)

@dpkarvind..I have the iomega screenplay pro media player..when I connected it to my full hd lcd tv(thru hdmi) I found the picture quality to be very ordinary...even the audio was bad.
Hence I am using it only as a storage device. I am connecting my laptop to the tv for movies.Now I am running out of space in the iomega pro and was considering the iomega director.
Appreciate your review on this product to help me decide whether to go for it or not..cheers..

First of all....this is my first post on the forum. But have been reading a lot of posts around HTiBs, Plasma/LCDs, Media players etc. and I must say this is a fantastic forum which did help me a lot while considering various options around.

Ok, for the last few days I had been looking at the forum and I had some immediate requirements around buying a Plasma (started off with an LCD in mind but the forum helped me make up my mind completely in favour of a Plasma), a decent low budget hometheatre and HD media player.

I have now gone ahead and bought myself a Panasonic Plasma TH42S10D, a Philips 5530 HTiB and an IOmega Screenplay Director HD media player.

Panasonic Plasma 42S10D : 44000
Philips 5520 : 13800
Iomega HD media player : 9300 (1 TB storage variant)

My initial feedback:
Very happy about all the 3 gadgets I have got...wonderful blacks and colors on Panasonic.
Beginning to slowly like the Philips 5530 (slowly bcos I had auditioned Denon 390XP which was simply awesome). But finding now that the Philips box does a decent, in fact, great job.

And the Iomega...wonderful way of storing and streaming movies...1080p output scaling, lots of connectivity options HDMI, USB, Component, Digital audio etc. I had actually gone to buy Xtreamer / WDTV Live but ended up buying IOmega as the other 2 were not available in Nehru Place on that day.

Except for the Panasonic which is wall mounted now, the other 2 gadgets are just lying connected out of the box with no proper mounting.

Will come back later with more feedback.

In the meantime, anyone having any of these already are welcome to share thier experiences.

congratulations mate....do share your experiences once the set up is complete...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back