Bought Sony 40EX650. Need stabilizer, calibration and break in guidance

StillWaters

Hi Folks,

I just bought a Sony 40EX650 from Ghaffar Market in Delhi. The cost was Rs. 42500. I am really happy with the purchase and want to set it up correctly for maximum enjoyment.

I request the helps from resident experts on this forum to help me with the following 4 queries:

1) Do I need a Voltage Stabilizer with the TV? If yes, which kind CVT or Automatic Voltage Stabilizer? Also what should be the rating of the Stabilizer?

2) Is there a break in procedure for the TV or can I just start using it as it is?

3) What is the correct picture and color calibration method for this TV? I tried a Xvid movie and the color seemed duller than what I used to see in showrooms.

4) Is there a way to check the usage period of the TV? Just want to make sure that its a fresh piece :p

I'll post a review once I have fiddled around with the TV and used it for a few days.

Thanks for your help.
StillWaters

There is no break in for LCD/LED TVs as far as I know. But pls confirm with experts.
As for the colours, choose vivid mode in picture to get showroom like quality, though this gives good quality only with HD sources and also reduces TV life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is recommended to use a stabilizer especially if your area is prone to high voltage. V-gurad digi series is very good. It is also a good idea to use a surge protector like belkin.

a belkin is a must.no braek in for lcds.........
calibration...do it manually rather than direct mode change....see what suits ur taste...and keep it....
for movies...
warm color temp...
little lower backlight.
45 brightness
60 contrast
65 color
in a dark room
just a case....urs liking may be diiferent......

Hi Folks,

I just bought a Sony 40EX650 from Ghaffar Market in Delhi. The cost was Rs. 42500. I am really happy with the purchase and want to set it up correctly for maximum enjoyment.
Congratulations. This TV is a good buy in the medium range; probably the LED model in its class/range.

I request the helps from resident experts on this forum to help me with the following 4 queries:

1) Do I need a Voltage Stabilizer with the TV? If yes, which kind CVT or Automatic Voltage Stabilizer? Also what should be the rating of the Stabilizer?
As stated earlier, highly recommended if there is frequent power fluctuation or trips in your area.

2) Is there a break in procedure for the TV or can I just start using it as it is?
No break-in process. Works straight off the shelf. :)

3) What is the correct picture and color calibration method for this TV? I tried a Xvid movie and the color seemed duller than what I used to see in showrooms.
Picture calibration is highly subjective and individualistic. I suggest that you use DTH source for the purpose. And I will further recommend that you have two settings customized. I do not know whether pre-built picture settings are alterable by user in this TV. If yes, then calibrate one for day-time and one for night-time. If there is not going to be much difference in ambient light during day and night, then one setting is enough. Navigate between warm (more yellow) and cool (more blue) colour setting and select the one that you prefer. Brightness should be 50% and contrast could be 65%. Do not adjust sharpness. Also, switch off any "motion smoothening" effects. Most agree that motion smoothening spoils more than it helps.

But you can experiment.

4) Is there a way to check the usage period of the TV? Just want to make sure that its a fresh piece :p
Sony user can clarify. Search the web also.

I'll post a review once I have fiddled around with the TV and used it for a few days.

Thanks for your help.
StillWaters
Thanks. Will wait for updates.

Press info(i+), 5, vol- and power on button on remote to enter service menu.
Make sure your tv is in standby state before doing this.

There will be 3 numbers below

Current usage time-Total number of booting(switching on the tv)-Total usage time.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back