Bought Spendor Classic SP100R2

Congrats on the new purchase!

I read the placement by the user is a bit of a hassle, and they require more care... although not as daunting as a dipole. (Martin Logan)... also the best results were achieved when the center of each baffle was 30" from the sidewall and 60" from the rear wall.

How do you find the near field listening vs when listened to off axis... is it also enjoyable?

Happy listening!

Thanks!

As for placement, I believe . most speakers sound different when placed in different positions. In that sense, no speaker is neutral to positioning. Because of their size an weight, the Spendors need some room for manoeuvring, but the front ports actually make it a bit easier. And I like to be slightly off axis....smoother tone.

Lovely speakers. I have never heard these. I am sure they will sound outstanding.

What stands are those ? Are there recommended stands for these ? Meaning, should they be sitting on stands that are coupled or de coupled from the floor ? Lossy or heavy stands ?

Also, have you compared a harbeth monitor 40 to these ? If so, impressions would be nice.

Lovely speakers. I have never heard these. I am sure they will sound outstanding.

What stands are those ? Are there recommended stands for these ? Meaning, should they be sitting on stands that are coupled or de coupled from the floor ? Lossy or heavy stands ?

Also, have you compared a harbeth monitor 40 to these ? If so, impressions would be nice.

The stands were made by Audiolounge at the Cadence factory for demo purposes, not anything recommended by Spendor. They are pretty heavy, stell legs and wooden top stuffed with concrete. Coupled.
I did get a chance to compare with the Harbeth 40.2, not at home though. To me the Harbeths appeared to throw the voice forward while it was the other way around with the Spendors. The price difference was massive, meaning massive. Both speakers were musical with warm mid-range and rolled off treble. I would say that the Spendors had lesser high frequency roll off. To my ears, the Harbeths appeared to add some color, but that's a very subjective remark.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back