Bought the Onkyo HTS5300

shivkumar19

Hi All,
Picked up the Onkyo HTS5300 on Saturday at Onkyo showroom in sigma mall.
52k was the price , i know it is little on the higher side tried to get some discount through david but no luck.Anyways im happy with the purchase it was delivered on the same day .have connected it to my sammy hd and sony bd 370 and tried the MJ this is it BD ,its awesome the bass rocks the room.
played all my floyds,Dire straits and the metallica's of the world and im loving it :yahoo:will have the surrounds wall mounted and also will be posting pics shortly as of now im using only 5.1 .there is one prob that ive observed if there is any power fluctuation the onkyo switches of and goes into some kindaa of safety mode and as per the manual ive to plug out the power plug and wait for 1 hour :mad: and infact it actually works after that.my wife is also very happy with the effect and now she is listing to her meditation cds :indifferent14:
would like to thank all you guys cause i did lot of reading this forum before i took the dive.
Now i need ur help
can somebody tell me what should be the right calibration for the speakers
front .subw etc.....

Congrats shivkumar19.

Onkyo HTS5300 is an excellent HTIB. I am also using 5.1 speakers as of now and it is more than enough to fill the room with great sound effects. :)

Enjoy.

mgdelhi,

Are you using stabilizer and/or just the UPS.

I recently bought 5300, and have to buy a stabilizer/UPS.

The ONKYO support suggest a 1 KV V-Guard stabilizer and a 1 KV APC UPS.

Please suggest,

Thanks !!

It is just the UPS. So far so good. :)

mgdelhi,

Are you using stabilizer and/or just the UPS.

I recently bought 5300, and have to buy a stabilizer/UPS.

The ONKYO support suggest a 1 KV V-Guard stabilizer and a 1 KV APC UPS.

Please suggest,

Thanks !!

It is just the UPS. So far so good. :)

ive connected it through the Belkin Surge Protector ,its all fine now ,its really a wonderfull experince was just watching spider man & stealth DVD 5.1 is amazing.also the reciver's remote is a universal remote .

Hi Shiva,
Congrats for your new setup:yahoo:. Onkyo HTiBs are very good especially for Movies. Now get some more DVD's & enjoy your weekend:eek:hyeah:
Regards,
Samuel

This htib is available on shopyourworld at about 33k including shipping and taxes. Shipped form Amazon. Looks like a great deal.

Nice setup.

One suggestion, It will be better if you keep a piece of carpet (or a folded nice door mat that does not look like a door mat) under your sub, otherwise it will keep on dancing on high volumes. :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back