Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air - Repair or Sell ?

SatMumbai

We have this Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air speaker (30 Pin iPhone connector version). This is used by my wife solely and has amazing sound with superb simplicity. All she has to do it is turn Zeppelin ON with Remote and it appears in Air Play on her Mac and she whips out music. It has been technology well done till now.

But something happened a week back. All of a sudden the speaker made some sound, though nothing was being played from it and then it went into Flashing Red Light mode.

Since then I have tried everything I could think of using Bowers & Wilkins Recovery Software to upgrade the firmware. It does all the steps - LED light changes as per the software and in the end I get a notification on my computer that the Zeppelin is successfully updated but once you unplug and start, then flashing Red light appears again.

Now, coming to the main topic
a) does any one of you have an experience with such an issue with Zeppelin? If so, what is the way forward
b) I called Audio Vision Mumbai who are the authorised dealers for Bowers & Wilkins. They are very professional and told that they will be able to handle repairs. But not sure whether to go ahead with all the process and do not know what the end cost will be
c) Is there a possibility to sell the speaker as is and the next party takes care of it as I suspect from reading various places that there is a capacitor that needs to be changed in Power Supply but need some patience to open it up and fix it back.

What do you think? Let me know

I would suggest take it to authorise person and get it fixed. You can always ask for quotation before asking them to fix. And from what i know all authorise centers will let you know the repair cost before fixing it

I would suggest take it to authorise person and get it fixed. You can always ask for quotation before asking them to fix. And from what i know all authorise centers will let you know the repair cost before fixing it

Thank You. I will try this out. Though, in case the repair costs are too high and I chose not to get it repaired, there is a 1500+Tax to be paid to the authorised service centre as assessment cost. Let me see how it goes with the repair centre.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back