Breaking through Cell phone encryption

raj

While reading through the current scandal of mobile phone conversation between various famous people, I read a somewhere that some of the bigwigs had secure cell phones that required the GoI to seek an Israeli company to break into those conversation. Anyone here (mobile hardware experts) have any idea about this? I am just curious. Or is it one of those things that our media made to up juice up things?
On a related note, I remember reading a thread here about the GoI requiring access to Blackberry messages and how it was essential for our national security. Now it is perfectly clear that powerful people would misuse any technology that GoI has (even if it is specifically acquired for national security). 'Enemy of the State' movie anyone?

OT: Not aware of the mobile technology but am horrified at how media persons (household names) like burkha dutt and vir sangvi are involved in power broking and huge deals. Shame on them hypocrites:(

OT: Not aware of the mobile technology but am horrified at how media persons (household names) like burkha dutt and vir sangvi are involved in power broking and huge deals. Shame on them hypocrites:(

Yep, it is disgraceful. The defense those two put up was also pathetic. I don't normally believe in conspiracy theories. But, here there seems to be multiple scandals/layers. Spectrum sale, Corporate lobbying for ministerial berths, selective leaking to damage specific people (at the behest of some corporates?), black out of the tapes by the media for more than a week (Washington post and WSJ had articles on it before our print media and TV), and so on.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back