Bringing LED Projector from England.. Please help.

Subcenter2009

Dear friends,
My friend is coming to India from England after more than 3 years. I want to ask him if he can bring a LED lit projector for me. Please help me decide on:
1. Are the latest LED projectors good and bright enough?
2. What are the latest brands of affordable LED projectors in the world that are available in England? Can you guys name some reputed brands, retailers or projector showrooms?
3. Are there projectors with minimum 3000 to 3500 lumens that are affordable? What are the pluses and minuses? What about power consumption? What about power down time?
4. Does the performance match Halogen Projectors?
5. Does the electricity voltage and frequency match that of India's.. that is, 240 volts and 50 Hz?
6. Which is better. LCD or DLP?
7. What will be the cost of a decent LED projector in England? I am intent on LED because of its quoted long lamp life that is 10 times of Halogen projectors. I am hoping that LEDs have improved to the extent of being able to be compared to Halogen projectors..
8. What will be the Customs duty applicable and other hassles of carrying as accompanied luggage.. if any? Green channel or Red channel? (Since he is returning after 3 years..not much other luggage)
9. I need atleast 2 X HDMI and 1 X RGB with built in speaker(s)
10. Keystone correction, Zoom in/out, and detachable dust cover and other setup tools will be welcome.
11. Will Jenefas ceiling pj mount work?
12. Is it bulky? How much do they weigh?
13 Do the LED pjs require a dedicated UPS or will a servo stabilizer do the job well enough?
14. Suggest a nice model for me to read up on.:yahoo:
15. At an affordable price:clapping:
Yours,
Subcenter2009

Last edited:
What is affordable price? Entry level models are Optoma and Epson, mid levels are Panasonic and Mistubishi, and there is much higher end stuff that we won't go into. You need to do some research on Amazon UK. Read up reviews on Projector Central, and then start to ask questions.

Dear friends,
My friend is coming to India from England after more than 3 years. I want to ask him if he can bring a LED lit projector for me. Please help me decide on:
2. What are the latest brands of affordable LED projectors in the world that are available in England? Can you guys name some reputed brands, retailers or projector showrooms?
3. Are there projectors with minimum 3000 to 3500 lumens that are affordable? What are the pluses and minuses? What about power consumption? What about power down time?
5. Does the electricity voltage and frequency match that of India's.. that is, 240 volts and 50 Hz?
7. What will be the cost of a decent LED projector in England? I am intent on LED because of its quoted long lamp life that is 10 times of Halogen projectors. I am hoping that LEDs have improved to the extent of being able to be compared to Halogen projectors..
8. What will be the Customs duty applicable and other hassles of carrying as accompanied luggage.. if any? Green channel or Red channel? (Since he is returning after 3 years..not much other luggage)
10. Keystone correction, Zoom in/out, and detachable dust cover and other setup tools will be welcome.
13 Do the LED pjs require a dedicated UPS or will a servo stabilizer do the job well enough?
Yours,
Subcenter2009

@Subcenter2009... you can find technical details or pricing details on other threads/online research.

Let me clarify few doubts here...
1. Any devices running in UK is perfectly suitable in India (I bought my AVR from UK and using here in India).. You just need to buy one UK to India adapter available in Reliance Digital (or any local store) or can use a cheap Frontech spike buster.
2. Ask your friend not to remove the original packaging and try to put it in a larger travel bag (if possible). Large and cheap travel bags are available at Tesco.
3. Now, regarding the packaging... the guys who transfers baggage from one flight to another (at stopover points) does not handle packages very gently. So its better to keep the original packaging.
4. I flew back from Glasgow>Dubai>Kolkata. I did not find any red/green channel.

These days cost of Projectors in India is better than what you find on Amazon and ebay overseas.

I am also looking for an entry level Projector like Epson TW 6100/8100 or Optoma HD33/25e and prices on international sites are higher than what I can get in India paying INR :)

Why led projector?? I mean at same cost you can get affordable 720p lcd/dlp PJ.

Dear friends,
Yours,
Subcenter2009

1. LED projectors are not recommended for true ht experience. LED projectors are low lumen, with limited throw but are low cost, light and LEDs last very long. Lamp projectors last typically 2000~2500 hours before lamp replacement is required. But that is a lot of time. Typically, you will not watch projector like a TV. The usage will be a max of 8 hours per week in the beginning and then will taper off to 3 hours per week. You do the math. Anyone who says that LED projector is as good as LCD/DLP is uninitiated and has not seen the performance of such.
3. No. Such high lumens are found only in board room models. HT projectors are in the range of 300~700 ANSI lumens.
4. See 1.
5. Yes.
6. Both have pluses and minuses.
7. See 1.
8. Be ready to pay a duty of 36.05%. Projectors are not part of personal effects.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back