Broadband service provider you are using

ssf

I have been a BSNL subscriber right from the time they came out with their Dial up modems and 56 kbps connections.

How things have changed !!!

BSNL has now opened up their Fibro ULD 777,1277 and a few other plans to the general public which was earlier only for new subscribers.

I was on their 1100 plan which was 50 Mbps speed and 200 GB download. But they used to continue 50 Mbps even after 200 GB.

When they opened up their 1277 plan which was 100 Mbps speed with a data limit of 750, I upgraded my subscription to it. Speedtest shows a download speed of around 80 to 85 Mbps. Good for most everything I watch including 4k youtube video.

But I think that their 777 plan with a 50 Mbps speed and 500 GB of data is the ideal plan for video streaming.

Spectranet unlimited 100mbps
Airtel 500gb monthly 100mbps

Both in Chennai. Sadly where I live it's limited to only 100mbps :(

Local isp jtel, 15 mbps 100 gb at Rs 1003
Bsnl 4 mbps for ~300.
Place: A small town in the district of Kanyakumari.

Switching to bsnl fibre soon and ditching the bloodsucking private isp. 100 mbps, 300 gb costs as much as ₹15,000 with them.

Spectranet -100Mbps Up/Down - Unlimited - 1500Rs. Few places in Chennai have 1Gbps download by ACT and few others.

I have used both Airtel and BSNL before. Threw out both.

Using ACTs 400GB@100mbps plan for 1159 since last 5 years.
Chose ACT over others due to its reliability and quick turnover if there's an issue.

Ion Broadband 120GB@100mbps for 599.
Have recently upgraded to fibre to home and now it works uninterrupted even during power failures (invertor at home).

Quite a difference in the rates charged by various providers. BSNL in Mangalore is quite good actually. I did have an issue with them with regard to the UPS of the Fiber Modem which I had to escalate on their online selfcare portal and action was taken immediately after that. The tech guys are quite polite and are even available on the holidays (saturdays) over the phone. I called the tech guys to see if I could get improved speeds. They did a reboot or something and now I am getting speeds over 95 Mbps consistently.

BSNL has reported a 7992 crore loss for 2017-18 though, sadly.

BTW, BSNL rates are in their plans. Fibro Combo ULD 1277 plan means that the plan costs rs. 1277 + taxes

Last edited:
BBNL Bangalore
100 Mbps 1TB
1300/- pm

Cheers,
Raghu
Just upgraded Airtel to 100Mpbs fiber with 100GB for 999/- pm; includes free phone calls like before; retains LL number
Modem + router with tel jack and USB.
Unlike POTS which is always powered from exchange, the modem needs to be on for telephone.
Wi-Fi is dual band (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz); coverage is not great in both bands.
Negotiating for Prime and discounted rates for 6/12 pay.

Cheers,
Raghu

Just upgraded Airtel to 100Mpbs fiber with 100GB for 999/- pm; includes free phone calls like before; retains LL number
Modem + router with tel jack and USB.
Unlike POTS which is always powered from exchange, the modem needs to be on for telephone.
Wi-Fi is dual band (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz); coverage is not great in both bands.
Negotiating for Prime and discounted rates for 6/12 pay.

Cheers,
Raghu

Oh finally Airtel gets onto fiber is it? But isnt 100gb less for our kind of usage? My 240gb is almost done by the mid month. Try to keep 40-50gb till month end.

MaSh

Oh finally Airtel gets onto fiber is it? But isnt 100gb less for our kind of usage? My 240gb is almost done by the mid month. Try to keep 40-50gb till month end.

MaSh
BBNL is primary; 1TB
Airtel is secondary connection.
Need it for work sometimes.
Cheers,
Raghu

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back