Broke my Shure M75EJ type 2 Stylus - Where to get replacement

Hi mbhangui,

You can order from kabusa.com, will work out much cheaper than purchasing in India (i.e Shure Mx97E @$68+postage $17 only)

Just my Rs.2/-

N.Murali

You get Mx97E for much less (I mean much less) than 8000 from Electronic Emporium, Mumbai. Contact Jerry 9820901941. Better than the M75 too.

This was a life saver. I called Jerry, just made the payment. Now will wait for the cartridge to arrive :)

This was a life saver. I called Jerry, just made the payment. Now will wait for the cartridge to arrive :)

The Mx97E is a good cartridge, nearing the performance of the legendary V 15 Type III against which I have compared. The V15 does better at the frequency extremes. And that's about it!

By the way, the 97s 'jewel' case is better than Denon DL 160, D 103, Shure V15, or even the Ortofon Kontrapunkt c!!! (Not that this matters to the sonics, but still. .....).

The cartridge arrived yesterday. Hell of a difference between my earlier Shure M75EJ and this. Music is smooth and sounds like a true H-FI system. The treble seems to slightly less than my earlier cartridge, but the SQ is way above what I got earlier with M75EJ. The other thing I noticed that is volume has dropped. Checking the specs of both the cartridge, I find that M75EJ has 5.0 mV while M97xE has 4.0 mV of output resulting in around 20% drop in the output voltage

Last edited:
The cartridge arrived yesterday. Hell of a difference between my earlier Shure M75EJ and this. Music is smooth and sounds like a true H-FI system. The treble seems to slightly less than my earlier cartridge, but the SQ is way above what I got earlier with M75EJ. The other thing I noticed that is volume has dropped. Checking the specs of both the cartridge, I find that M75EJ has 5.0 mV while M97xE has 4.0 mV of output resulting in around 20% drop in the output voltage

Hey,

Congrats on your new Cart and for the fact that your TT is alive again. Have read fantastic reviews about it, though still to hear this cart. I bought SHure M44-7 from Neeraj, Delhi. WIll fit it today evening to see if I will be pleasantly surprised (fingers crossed). BTW, howmuch did you pay for the M97Xe?

Regards,
Saket..

Hey,

Congrats on your new Cart and for the fact that your TT is alive again. Have read fantastic reviews about it, though still to hear this cart. I bought SHure M44-7 from Neeraj, Delhi. WIll fit it today evening to see if I will be pleasantly surprised (fingers crossed). BTW, howmuch did you pay for the M97Xe?

Regards,
Saket..

I got it for 5850 (including vat + shipping). Funny thing is that Electronic Emporium has obtained it from Mr Neeraj (I could make it from some paper inside). However, Mr Neeraj quoted me 8000 for the same. So it looks like Mr Neeraj quotes different price to different people. Also maybe this could be stock that Electronic Emporium got it before the Rupee went into a downward tail spin. Let us know your feedback on M444-7

Last edited:
I got it for 5850 (including vat + shipping). Funny thing is that Electronic Emporium has obtained it from Mr Neeraj (I could make it from some paper inside). However, Mr Neeraj quoted me 8000 for the same. So it looks like Mr Neeraj quotes different price to different people. Also maybe this could be stock that Electronic Emporium got it before the Rupee went into a downward tail spin. Let us know your feedback on M444-7

Good price, as I told Mr Neeraj quoted 8500/- for the same. Doesnt matter now as we both have got our cart. at reasonable prices. However, future buyers can keep this in mind while getting their new shure carts.
I fitted my Technics with M44-7 and I am pleased with the performance. Bass is really thumping and treble is pretty fine. I like the mid range too. Overall its a great cart in my opinion. Will post pics of my set up

THanks & regards,
Saket

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back