BSNL fibre

Either you are lucky or your browser usage is very less.
So you are getting ads in your browser? No Internet connection can insert ads in your browser. The way ads are managed are as follows:

1. Through digital advertisement.
2. Through your browsing habits based on your search pattern. For example, if you search for a car, existing car advertisers will be routed to your browser next time you log in. Similarly if you search for an Internet connection, existing internet connectivity ads will be routed to you.

Most of this is done by Google or other search engines. The internet connectivity company has nothing to do with it. If the company wants you to see an ad, they have to pay Google and Google will show the ad. The only way entities can bypass this is to download some application on your computer that loads up when you switch on.

Some companies, hotels, and other institutions allow you to connect after asking for a temporary id and password. At that moment they put up their name and maybe some form of ad as the first login screen. But once you pass the login, the browser takes over. If you see some ad that comes up by itself, it will be because of a malware, a cookie, some virus, or your search habit. If you go to some dark sites, ads will be thrust upon you using a new tab. But, this also happens only when you click on a link. None of this has anything to do with the company that gives you the Internet connection.

Next time you travel by train, check into the Internet using RailTel. As I said before they will ask for your phone number and an OTP where Railtel will be 'advertised'. But once connected, they dont show up in your face anymore. None of these purposely slow your connectivity speed. Some time ago certain companies such as AirTel were slowing down your connection by throttling the speed based on you paying and/or usage pattern. But they were all rapped by the courts, and all that is in the past now.

BNSL gives you a user id and unique password that you use for the first time. After that they never ask you for anything. They connect automatically. It the same with all companies that give you connectivity.

Run some form of cleaner to remove malware and viruses literally everyday. Also clear your browser cache regularly. You will not see any ad. If you do see an ad after all that, there is something wrong with your computer and/or browser.

Cheers

So you are getting ads in your browser? No Internet connection can insert ads in your browser. The way ads are managed are as follows:

1. Through digital advertisement.
2. Through your browsing habits based on your search pattern. For example, if you search for a car, existing car advertisers will be routed to your browser next time you log in. Similarly if you search for an Internet connection, existing internet connectivity ads will be routed to you.

Most of this is done by Google or other search engines. The internet connectivity company has nothing to do with it. If the company wants you to see an ad, they have to pay Google and Google will show the ad. The only way entities can bypass this is to download some application on your computer that loads up when you switch on.

Some companies, hotels, and other institutions allow you to connect after asking for a temporary id and password. At that moment they put up their name and maybe some form of ad as the first login screen. But once you pass the login, the browser takes over. If you see some ad that comes up by itself, it will be because of a malware, a cookie, some virus, or your search habit. If you go to some dark sites, ads will be thrust upon you using a new tab. But, this also happens only when you click on a link. None of this has anything to do with the company that gives you the Internet connection.

Next time you travel by train, check into the Internet using RailTel. As I said before they will ask for your phone number and an OTP where Railtel will be 'advertised'. But once connected, they dont show up in your face anymore. None of these purposely slow your connectivity speed. Some time ago certain companies such as AirTel were slowing down your connection by throttling the speed based on you paying and/or usage pattern. But they were all rapped by the courts, and all that is in the past now.

BNSL gives you a user id and unique password that you use for the first time. After that they never ask you for anything. They connect automatically. It the same with all companies that give you connectivity.

Run some form of cleaner to remove malware and viruses literally everyday. Also clear your browser cache regularly. You will not see any ad. If you do see an ad after all that, there is something wrong with your computer and/or browser.

Cheers

There are many ways to inject ads into browsers and bsnl has been doing it for quite some time. I will definetely share some screenshot next time it occurs with me. The ads i have faced are related to upgrade their broadband packages and plans. It can be done easily using code injection on non https sites. Please dont believe blindly that it cannot be done. Lots of users are facing these ads. Problem is that this can induce malware in our devices and violates net neutrality.

There was a letter also sent from owner of indiabroadbandforum to trai regarding this.

I have used many broadbands - BSNL ,ICC , Tikona , Tata Docomo , Airtel, ACT ..etc. Among these ACT is best . In case of break down, u dont need to call them , it will be rectified automatically. They have automated alarm system... Their broadband speed is great and as promised in plan. Very rare breakdowns.

BSNL , the problem is - the engineers are not technical, and in case of any issue its very difficult to get the resolution . Their infrastructure is actually good . As long as its working , we will get consistent speed.

If you get to know closely some one /or any know sources from from BSNL , then chances of getting goo service is high.

BSNL , the problem is - the engineers are not technical, and in case of any issue its very difficult to get the resolution . Their infrastructure is actually good . As long as its working , we will get consistent speed.

i am surprised why cant bsnl employ some technical folks who can support end users. Once during my complaint with their broadband, the person who visited my house said and I quote him ‘sir aaj 22 tarrik hai air Bill Bharne like last date aane wali hai, isliye net problem karta hai, aap bill Bhar do to theek ho jayega’ I did not know what to say to him. There is no escalation procedure also unless you want to visit their offices and want to
to get your blood boil.

BSNL , the problem is - the engineers are not technical
Recently, I had put in a request with BSNL to upgrade my speed to their upgraded plans. The staff came home 2 days later. Brought in a new modem to support more than 100 Mbps. Connected everything but still I was not getting 200 Mbps through my router connected to the modem. Also, the Marantz app would not connect to the AVR. The person was getting late so I told him to come back the next day and that I will do some tests myself.

My straight and cross cables were mixed up. With the cross cable, I was not getting more than 100 Mbps. When I called him, he told me that he missed it and that he will get the cables the next day which he did. I got the feeling that he was working from experience and did not really have the basic tech knowledge to troubleshoot issues outside his bare connectivity area.
There is no escalation procedure
There is an escalation channel somewhere on their website. I had used it once with excellent results.

Last edited:
Back