Buchardt A500 - Complete Stereo System well under 4L Company Direct

syednizamudeen

Those who are looking to set up a stereo system starting from scratch and have a budget of 4 lacs for the complete system including speakers, DAC and Source, the Buchardt A500 should be on your bucket list if your room is not that large.

The Danish company also offers free shipping to all countries and not just that. They also accept returns if you don't like for a little shipping charges.

The speakers come with individual amplifiers in built inside the speakers and the speakers can turn 2.5 way and 3 way.. There's also a feature called Master Tuning that changes the driver operation characteristics that can be flashed with a USB drive!!!

For more information,

These speakers too had a rave review from John Darko.

Sean from ZeroFidelity has rated them well but for a non-audiophile kind of use where one can't be bothered about components and their characteristics and room equalization and such. For audio enthusiasts who love fine tuning their gear and SQ, it's a black box setup.

Sean from ZeroFidelity has rated them well but for a non-audiophile kind of use where one can't be bothered about components and their characteristics and room equalization and such. For audio enthusiasts who love fine tuning their gear and SQ, it's a black box setup.
Well ... That's the lure of all-in-ones.
If it has room correction and other SW based tuning, then it will appeal even to 'audiophiles'
But, being a direct sell company, in a place like India, it can be a non-starter.

Cheers,
Raghu

Interesting product. If buying in India, you would have to take customs into account.

I wouldnt rely too much on the Darko review - he raves about virtually all products he reviews. This combined with the pay-per-review model makes me a little skeptical.
You are right a bit.. But, what makes it interesting is that he compared to the KEF LS50W and said he liked more. This might be very appealing those don't want to worry too much about electronics and interconnects and stuffs.

Also, Sean from Zero Fidelity seems to be more honest in his reviews and he also did like the latest offerings from Buchardts... :)

Interesting product. If buying in India, you would have to take customs into account.

I wouldnt rely too much on the Darko review - he raves about virtually all products he reviews. This combined with the pay-per-review model makes me a little skeptical.
I am eager for asr measurement for the same. It’s too much money anyway.

Some of these vendors (including Buchardt) are offering shipping + all taxes and duties being paid from their side. In reality when you mention India, they all back out. 'You pay for just the product', said a vendor when I checked. The minute I said India, he backed off saying the duties are 'too much'.

Some of these vendors (including Buchardt) are offering shipping + all taxes and duties being paid from their side. In reality when you mention India, they all back out. 'You pay for just the product', said a vendor when I checked. The minute I said India, he backed off saying the duties are 'too much'.

I agree. Same happened with IOTA Enterprises (Iotavx amps). They've removed India from the shipping list. Either the government should encourage local vendors or let us enjoy other products from afar by reducing the duties to 'sane' levels. Neither will happen in the next 200 years. So, enjoy with what we can lay our hands on.

Given that customs are charging way higher rates than 40-45% they used to charge before, wouldn't these cost much more than 4L? Also at that money, I think there are many fantastic local offerings with which we are better off than to deal with shipping and customs hassle.

Given that customs are charging way higher rates than 40-45% they used to charge before, wouldn't these cost much more than 4L? Also at that money, I think there are many fantastic local offerings with which we are better off than to deal with shipping and customs hassle.
What are those local options? We certainly would like to encourage them, as and when possible.

What are those local options? We certainly would like to encourage them, as and when possible.
Sonodyne is one such option. Checkout this thread:

For 4lakhs, there are multiple combinations possible from products available with brands like Acoustic portrait, Lyrita and Rethm which would not only compete but exceed many brands in my opinion. Sonodyne and Indiqaudio are also receiving praises but I haven't heard those systems personally. Cadence is another option to look at. There are many more niche brands available as well.

For 4lakhs, there are multiple combinations possible from products available with brands like Acoustic portrait, Lyrita and Rethm which would not only compete but exceed many brands in my opinion. Sonodyne and Indiqaudio are also receiving praises but I haven't heard those systems personally. Cadence is another option to look at. There are many more niche brands available as well.
I agree there are a few full system based local solutions.
Do any of these systems have software based system tuning, like Buchardt claims?
Cheers,
Raghu

Mr Darko talks about DSP and room correction etc...similar to an amplifier like Lyngdorf

It may not eliminate room treatment totally if that's what people are looking at.

Sonodyne is one such option. Checkout this thread:

You may go over this thread as well.

You may go over this thread as well.
<snip>
My query was different. Is there any local brand/company that is doing things in the SW domain?
Eg.
Devialet (France): touts something called SAM which tailors amp response to specified speakers, etc
Lyngdorf (Denmark): room correction, bass management, different take on amplification, etc
Buchardt (Denmark): DSP/hub does some stuff, roo correction, etc
KEF (UK): all-in-ones, DSP filters, etc
.... and more

Anyone in the know of interesting tech deployed in local brands, please elaborate your experience.
It would be nice to educate oneself on where the Indian product segment is moving towards.

Note:
I don't intend to turn this into a local vs imported debate; we have had enough of those.
Imported items are expensive due to many reasons and we know some of the reasons.
Just want to find out more about any interesting work being done by local brands.

Cheers,
Raghu

My query was different. Is there any local brand/company that is doing things in the SW domain?
Eg.
Devialet (France): touts something called SAM which tailors amp response to specified speakers, etc
Lyngdorf (Denmark): room correction, bass management, different take on amplification, etc
Buchardt (Denmark): DSP/hub does some stuff, roo correction, etc
KEF (UK): all-in-ones, DSP filters, etc
.... and more

Anyone in the know of interesting tech deployed in local brands, please elaborate your experience.
It would be nice to educate oneself on where the Indian product segment is moving towards.

DSP is pretty common in studio monitors. Sonodyne uses it as well. Dont think they have the marketing-friendly feature sets home audio oriented players use. Dont know if that might change

Acoustic Portrait have active crossover based speakers and setups but not digital

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back