Budget active subwoofer for Yamaha YHT-196 system.

Hi friends,

Thanks for the response.
I spoke to the dealer and he said they are trying their best to get it covered under warranty and will let me know as soon as possible.

I also have auditioned Yamaha NS 8390 (MRP 17900) and Polk tsi 300 (MRP 23000). Iam more convinced with Polk tsi300. My dealer said one more deal to me where he is offering Jamo (dont know the model no) entire 5.1 package for 44k. Don't know how they sound. But will it be a good deal for me to consider? i thought first to replace fronts and then others later to save some money for now.

Please advice.

Friends,

Please advice. Let me know if my question is not proper or I need to be clear on some details. I understand that Iam looking at a very basic entry model within a budget of Rs. 20k. But please tell me if anything is available in this range and what would be a better option.

Thanks....

Reviving an old thread just to let friends know that my search for the subwoofer recently ended with the purchase of Yamaha YST-SW012. It may help some other members who have similar requirements as mine.

After searching for a subwoofer which meets my criteria for some time about a year ago, I had left it incomplete. However, somehow, my interest in active subwoofer again surfaced about a month ago. By this time, astonia subwoofer, recommended by some of the esteemed members here, had become costlier by 3-4K. So I decided to start all over again. There were not many options available for my target price (below 10K). My online research helped me shortlisting Yamaha YST-SW012 subwoofer which met my criteria of price, performance (based on many reviews on amazon) and was officially available in India.

I tried to find it locally in Pune. However none of the local dealers had it in stock. I came across one dealer who had a pioneer subwoofer (S-21W) within the same price range, available with him. I was not convinced to buy it as there were not many reviews for it. However, the dealer was kind enough to let me try it for a day or two and was ready to take it back if I did not like it. Though the pioneer sub was ok, I did not like it much. The bass was not tight. I did not notice any significant improvement in the bass performance of the overall system. Also the build quality was somewhat inferior. It was evident that it was built for the price point. So I returned it. I later made an advance payment to another dealer who said he could arrange the Yamaha sub in a couple of days and could not arrange it even after waiting for 5 days. Now I was left with only one option: buying the subwoofer online.

It was in stock only on infibeam at that time. I was a bit hesitant to buy it from infibeam as I had not bought anything from them before and there were many negative reviews about them. However, I decided to bite the bullet. Apparently, they had only one in their stock as it went out of stock the moment I placed the order. :)

About infibeam: This was my first purchase from them and the experience was great. They shipped the product on the same day and it got delivered to me just in 5 days from the date of ordering it. The subwoofer was nicely packed to make sure that it did not get damaged during transport.

About the subwoofer: I'm not an expert on this topic. You can find many good reviews about this subwoofer on the net and I now agree with those reviews. It has a solid build quality. We could feel the difference it made, the moment the subwoofer was in action. It immediately put smile on my face. You cannot go wrong with this product at this price point. The bass sounded tight and you can "feel" it. It's good both for music and movies. I still have to spend some more time with it. However, the initial impression is indicating that it won't disappoint me. I got the performance I was looking for and for the price I was willing to pay. Overall I'm very happy with this purchase.

Note: It's still out of stock on infibeam. However, it's now available for almost the same price (around 8K) on snapdeal and ebay india.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am also planning to buy YST-SW012 active subwoofer for my YHT-196. Please suggest me if this is good subwoofer or not. I want to improve my YHT bass quality. I listen audio cd and watch hd movies.

SW012 price is in my range.

Thanks in advance.
Raju

Last edited:
Reviving an old thread just to let friends know that my search for the subwoofer recently ended with the purchase of Yamaha YST-SW012. It may help some other members who have similar requirements as mine.

After searching for a subwoofer which meets my criteria for some time about a year ago, I had left it incomplete. However, somehow, my interest in active subwoofer again surfaced about a month ago. By this time, astonia subwoofer, recommended by some of the esteemed members here, had become costlier by 3-4K. So I decided to start all over again. There were not many options available for my target price (below 10K). My online research helped me shortlisting Yamaha YST-SW012 subwoofer which met my criteria of price, performance (based on many reviews on amazon) and was officially available in India.

I tried to find it locally in Pune. However none of the local dealers had it in stock. I came across one dealer who had a pioneer subwoofer (S-21W) within the same price range, available with him. I was not convinced to buy it as there were not many reviews for it. However, the dealer was kind enough to let me try it for a day or two and was ready to take it back if I did not like it. Though the pioneer sub was ok, I did not like it much. The bass was not tight. I did not notice any significant improvement in the bass performance of the overall system. Also the build quality was somewhat inferior. It was evident that it was built for the price point. So I returned it. I later made an advance payment to another dealer who said he could arrange the Yamaha sub in a couple of days and could not arrange it even after waiting for 5 days. Now I was left with only one option: buying the subwoofer online.

It was in stock only on infibeam at that time. I was a bit hesitant to buy it from infibeam as I had not bought anything from them before and there were many negative reviews about them. However, I decided to bite the bullet. Apparently, they had only one in their stock as it went out of stock the moment I placed the order. :)

About infibeam: This was my first purchase from them and the experience was great. They shipped the product on the same day and it got delivered to me just in 5 days from the date of ordering it. The subwoofer was nicely packed to make sure that it did not get damaged during transport.

About the subwoofer: I'm not an expert on this topic. You can find many good reviews about this subwoofer on the net and I now agree with those reviews. It has a solid build quality. We could feel the difference it made, the moment the subwoofer was in action. It immediately put smile on my face. You cannot go wrong with this product at this price point. The bass sounded tight and you can "feel" it. It's good both for music and movies. I still have to spend some more time with it. However, the initial impression is indicating that it won't disappoint me. I got the performance I was looking for and for the price I was willing to pay. Overall I'm very happy with this purchase.

Note: It's still out of stock on infibeam. However, it's now available for almost the same price (around 8K) on snapdeal and ebay india.
Hi,

Can you please let me know if this is good choice for YHT-196 additional subwoofer?

Thanks,

Hi Members,

I want to upgrade my sub Woofer for Yamaha YHT-196, Please suggest some good active Subwoofers will suite for Yamaha YHT-196.

Thank

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back