Budget AVR Comparison: Denon AVR-1612 Vs. Yamaha RX-V471

very nice write up aashis...
one newbie question....why at very first you ruled out onkyo?

Well, my first criteria was to get the AVRs available for home demo and Onkyo was not available from any dealer for that. I decided that I will only select one on the basis of reviewing in my own setup.

Hi Ashish,
uptill now i have zerored down to 1612, which speaker set you would suggest?

1612 is also a very capable AVR. I think tannoy HTS will be a good match. for a more warm combination, Wharfedale, Jamo are also good matches. Polk audio for a slightly lower budget.

I am perhaps a little late to post on this thread, but my question is how is the performance of 371/373 purely for music? It is very subjective of course, but how does the Yamaha hold up to a Denon in the similar range in terms of performance for music?
I am more inclined toward Yamaha, but any assurance from other FMs will speed up my decision making process!

Yamaha 373 sounded better even with Tannoy sub sat system.The reviews are exiting too.I felt power is a bit less & needed to turn volume upto -5.

yamaha 373 or denon 1612 ?
which is better, both available at same price.

You know what? This question is beaten to death already. You need to spend some time 'searching' if you want exhaustive answers.

I think both are selling good ( I guess). Which means some prefer Yamaha while others prefer Denon. Why don't you demo them if they are available locally and take a decision? Both are capable AVRs. It is difficult to advise which one you should pick up. If you will listen to music also, then you might prefer Yamaha. If movies is the only requirement, may be Denon will be ideal (not that Yamaha isn't good for movies). However, note that recently someone opened a can of worms following which many people agree that you might need a Denon service centre nearby if you wish to choose it.

yamaha 373 or denon 1612 ?
which is better, both available at same price.

I have not heard 373 but the 471 is serving me well since I wrote this thread. I have used Denon also and it is a close call. Ultimate choice has to be yours. Personal perception is always most important. However 1612 is an older model. I think x500 or 1513 should be compared with 373 for a feature comparison if that's important to you.

Could someone please post the 2013 AVR models of Denon and the models that they have replaced along with their approximate pricing.
Also which is their lowest model that features Audyssey MultiEQ option.

Check these urls first
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465528/t...e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq

http://www.hifivision.com/surround-amplifiers-receivers/43977-denon-2013-avr-e-x-series.html

X500 is the lowest model in X-series retailing at around 30,900 with no Airplay support and the X1000 is the next upgrade with Network capability but priced around 45K. However 4K passthrough is starting from X2000 onwards which is priced above 60K INR.

Apparently I found that Online Home Store India | Buy Furniture, Cookware, Bakeware, Glassware, Home Decor, World Foods & More @ Zansaar.com is keeping these new models for online purchase in India

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back