Budget BookShelf speakers for my HTiB Yamaha YHT 299

quad_core

Hi Team,

Hope you are doing good. I have Yamaha YHT-299[ AVR in it is HTR-3066] from 2014 that I used less often. Now I plan to move it to other smaller room so that it can be used more frequently.
Before that I want to upgrade the fronts as I feel the stock speakers lack details. So this will be used for music and movies(Have Sony Blu-Ray player too), and will connect FireStick.
I have limited budget, I was thinking of Micca mb42x that was available on amazon for like 9K. Its not available anymore. So I have decided to increase my budget till 21-22K max. I have shortlisted the below ones:

1>JBL Stage A120 ( A130 has rave reviews but not available, I checked with HiFiMart.
2>Mission MX1 seems in my budget too.
3>Mission LX1-MK2
4>Q Acoustics 3010i , on some sites it was for 21K.
5> Pls suggest any other

Also, will the above speakers be compatible with my AVR? I like a bit treble oriented detailed sound (Due to my AudioTechnica M50x and Fiio F9 Pro IEMs).
Also any links to buy will help.

Last edited:
3>Mission LX1-MK2

Also, will the above speakers be compatible with my AVR? I like a bit treble oriented detailed sound (Due to my AudioTechnica M50x and Fiio F9 Pro IEMs).

The above speakers are not treble oriented, would call them slightly warmer side. I have heard both on IA's as well as AVR's. But they do give enough detail.

Like @Yogesh suggested, try out Wharfs. Best is to listen by your own ears, audition if possible.

If primary use is HT better to upgrade the Center channel. I used Yht299 for 3 years and after two years I upgraded the Center channel and sub which gave great improvements. If you can upgrade LCR that also will be an excellent choice. The satellite speakers that come along with the package are not good enough for LCR

The above speakers are not treble oriented, would call them slightly warmer side. I have heard both on IA's as well as AVR's. But they do give enough detail.

Like @Yogesh suggested, try out Wharfs. Best is to listen by your own ears, audition if possible.
ok , is JBL A120 warm sounding too? that was perfectly in my budget at 17K. I do not want piercing treble though, but speaker with good details.
The only wharf in my budget are D320(on HiFi mart). Also, is HiFi mart a good and reliable place to buy? will D320 be compatible with my AVR?
I am not an advanced user when it comes to the spces of AVR.

ok , is JBL A120 warm sounding too? that was perfectly in my budget at 17K. I do not want piercing treble though, but speaker with good details.
The only wharf in my budget are D320(on HiFi mart). Also, is HiFi mart a good and reliable place to buy? will D320 be compatible with my AVR?
I am not an advanced user when it comes to the spces of AVR.

Haven't heard the JBL.
HiFi mart is a reliable place to buy. D320 will work with your AVR.
Being from Pune there are few audio shops where you can try to Audition these if they are available.

If you speak with Anil from Hifimart, there might be a possibility to Audition all the above in Mumbai too.

Haven't heard the JBL.
HiFi mart is a reliable place to buy. D320 will work with your AVR.
Being from Pune there are few audio shops where you can try to Audition these if they are available.

If you speak with Anil from Hifimart, there might be a possibility to Audition all the above in Mumbai too.
OK Thanks. I will have to stretch my budget for D320, will keep them in my list.
How are the Polks?

Polk Audio T15​

Well within by budget and reviews look good too.
Forgot to mention, in music I listen mostly to classic rock and old hindi songs from 60s-90s. No new stuff mostly.

OK Thanks. I will have to stretch my budget for D320, will keep them in my list.
How are the Polks?

Polk Audio T15​

Well within by budget and reviews look good too.
Forgot to mention, in music I listen mostly to classic rock and old hindi songs from 60s-90s. No new stuff mostly.
I have a pair of Wharfdale D220s.If you are interested pm me

Hi Team,

Hope you are doing good. I have Yamaha YHT-299[ AVR in it is HTR-3066] from 2014 that I used less often. Now I plan to move it to other smaller room so that it can be used more frequently.
Before that I want to upgrade the fronts as I feel the stock speakers lack details. So this will be used for music and movies(Have Sony Blu-Ray player too), and will connect FireStick.
I have limited budget, I was thinking of Micca mb42x that was available on amazon for like 9K. Its not available anymore. So I have decided to increase my budget till 21-22K max. I have shortlisted the below ones:

1>JBL Stage A120 ( A130 has rave reviews but not available, I checked with HiFiMart.
2>Mission MX1 seems in my budget too.
3>Mission LX1-MK2
5> Pls suggest any other

You could go for wharfedale d320 or if you could stretch your budget little bit wharfedale 12.1 will be a good choice. You can use them for music as well.

You could go for wharfedale d320 or if you could stretch your budget little bit wharfedale 12.1 will be a good choice. You can use them for music as well.
Thanks for reply. The D320 will already be a stretch...let me check D320. Yes the use will be 50:50 .Music+ Movies. Considering I have small bedroom and also the AVR [HTR-3066]is an entry level but a good one, do not wish to spend more.

Hi Guys,
Just an update, After some research and help from one of my friends, I bought Yamaha NS333 for fronts! pretty good and I am satisfied! Although I had to stretch my budget but in the end I am satisfied.

For further detailing... replace spkr cables with any low end canare cables. They sound sharp & bright. I have a spare pair if ud like.

For further detailing... replace spkr cables with any low end canare cables. They sound sharp & bright. I have a spare pair if ud like.
Hello Sir, do you still have the speaker cables ? AWG ? Length ? And what are you asking for it ? Kindly do let me know. Thanks again.

Back