Budget HTiB

You can try Pankaj tele video on Laxmi road(towards Lakdi bridge).
They have a good audition room. The section that you want is on the first floor. The ground floor is full of regular consumer electronics.
Not sure whethe they have Onkyo. Nevertheless have an audition of whatever they have.
I think there is another shop called Aquarius in camp. It used to be near cinegog. They have shifted somewhere.

Now that the home theater is coming home in a few days My dad's friend(the one with the wharfs) was asking us about the cabling. And it struck me too

What the hell are we going to do about cabling??\
:sad:

What do the experts recommend???

Now that the home theater is coming home in a few days My dad's friend(the one with the wharfs) was asking us about the cabling. And it struck me too

What the hell are we going to do about cabling??\
:sad:

What do the experts recommend???

You mean the HTiB comes without speaker wires?

it will come with them but he was talking about better ones and that we should try them out are they really needed or the out of the box ones are good enough

Expensive cables are meant for expensive gear. There won't be any difference if only cables are upgraded in this system. My two cents.

What about your source buddy???? Have you thought about that? You're gonna need a blue ray player to play along your ht. Add that cost to your budget also. I guess, thay would leave little room for hifi cables. Better use the stock onkyo cables.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Now about the source, I already have a DVD player that gives full HD via HDMI so it will do for a while and I am thinking of buying a HD media player like Asus O! paly or WD TV live which comes within 6-7k because my HD/SD content is mostly in my PC or in an External Hard Disk I own no blu ray disks whatsoever(I'm more of the heavy downloading type)

If you are download guy, then HD media player is the one you should look for. Download only 5.1 BRRips to get the true surround effect. Even a 2GB file will surpass the DVD PQ.

@ baijuxavior: Thanks for the advice

Another question for the experts:
Now If I want to connect my PC to the T.V.-HT and get 5.1 channel surround sound what should I do???? (My PC has no sound card and has a VGA and DVI ports My T.V. has a VGA port)

What is the spec of your PC? You can add a graphics card with HDMI out to connect the PC to AVR.

It already has a graphics card but the GFX card does not have HDMI out
Anyway here's my config

Processor= Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 @2.66Ghz each core
Motherboard= Intel DG31PR
Graphics Card= Xfx Nvidia Geforce 8600GT 1 GB
RAM= 3GB
HDD=2 X 160GB Seagate Hard disks
PSU=300W(Unknown brand)

:yahoo:The HT came today at 6:30 p.m :yahoo:
but still in the box as the man who will set it up is currently out of town:mad:

Anyway can't make my dad shell out more money but can't i connect my PC to the AVR using the cable we use to connect the speakers to a PC to atleast get some maybe upscaled 5.1 sound(temporarily)

Until you buy a graphics card, you can connect the speaker or headphone out of you PC to the AVR to get virtual surround. For this use a 3.5 mm to RCA cable.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back