Budget HTiB

Saumil996

Hi,
I am new to this forum and after looking at the quality of the threads I have decided to start one of my own.

I would like to buy a budget HtiB for around 15-17k
Since I know absolutely nothing about Home Theatres i have not shortlisted any.

How is the Onkyo 3300?? Is it any good?? How much will it cost??
I can get it a little cheaper(I know the Onkyo dealer :eek:hyeah:)

How is the Onkyo 3300?? Is it any good?? How much will it cost??
I can get it a little cheaper(I know the Onkyo dealer :eek:hyeah:)

3300 is a good model but now dated the newer model is 3400 but if you get a very good deal like between 10-15 k on 3300 no harm in getting it. 3400 should cost you between 20-25k without discounts.

Hi,
I am new to this forum and after looking at the quality of the threads I have decided to start one of my own.
Welcome to HFV.
You liked the quality or threads or you did not like and thats why you started your own thread?:)

Are you open to used ones.
What are you using right now in your place?
Asking this because many times someone can build a home theatre by using few old component and getting few new.

@ Jaudere- Thanks
This is my first Ht and about the used ones I shall see..... still in two minds about them.

What are your plans about the source? I mean dvd or Bd player? The onkyo 3300 or 3400 do not include the source.
What will be your screen? LCD/LED/Plasma/CRT?
Please dont feel odd by mention of CRT. For VCD/ Dvd, it can be a better choice than LCD especially for fast moving scenes where an LCD With longer response time produces ghosting.

You have a good screen. I think your tv deserves to be backed up by better sound system which is very difficult to get at 17k.
I would give same advice as you might have found somewhere else.
Increase your budget (sometimes it may mean a waiting period of few months). I would wait for 6 months and buy something at 35-40k rather than buying something at 17k now and feel the urge to upgrade soon.

That waiting period can be used to listen to as many home theatre in budget as possible and realize your taste of music.
After all, it is not every month that you buy some costly and bulky electronic gadget.

I agree with you Jaudere but its not my money, I'm just a 15yr old boy whose father has given him a budget of 20k for the home theater system to complement the HDTV.
And about the second hand components my Father's friend has a few wharfedale speakers which he is disposing of(not 100% sure, i'll know when we will meet him tomorrow)

Lucky chap!HD TV And home theatre before leaving school.

My father was a bit taken aback when I bought marantz dvd player for 11k recently.

Anyway, if those wharfs are well maintained,grab them(provided that you get them at right price) . Speakers have a long life and wharfdale is a good company.

By the way if you are open to companies like Logitech, Z5500 could be a good choice. Great for games and for movies and not so good for music. Should easily fit into your budget.

You can also think about Sony/samsung HTiBs. After all it depends on what your ears like.

yeah i've read about logitech z5500 they seem to be getting mixed ratings fot HT's though for gaming's many say they are perfect still i will be auditioning them too as they are in budget.
And the Sony ones too i will be auditioning but I have heard the problem with the Sony and the Samsungs etc are that they have the DVD player integrated with the AV reciever hence they don't offer the flexibility of attaching something more and getting 5.1 surround sound for it(for e.g. PS3/XBOX,Tata Sky HD etc) is it true??

I also auditioned the Onkyo 3400 today and my dad and I were pretty amazed by them. Is the quality better than or same as the 3300???

Hi,

I would like to buy a budget HtiB for around 15-17k
Since I know absolutely nothing about Home Theatres i have not shortlisted any.

Hi, please try to stretch your budget to at least 20-22k, so that you can get the onkyo HTS 3400. There isn't any other system that comes in that price which could be more value for money. Please steer away from 5.1 systems from Sony, Samsung, etc.........Onkyo is far superior when it comes to home theatre compared to these other electronic brands. If possible demo the onkyo and then decide.

Hey guys!!
I am getting the Onkyo 3400 at 22k from a dealer(friend of my dad's) in Mumbai.

I also auditioned the Sony HtiB's wasn't really impressed compared to the Onkyo audition.

Even my father has decided to buy the 3400(being totally blown away by its quality):yahoo::eek:hyeah:

Hey guys!!

I also auditioned the Sony HtiB's wasn't really impressed compared to the Onkyo audition.

Even my father has decided to buy the 3400(being totally blown away by its quality):yahoo::eek:hyeah:

congratulations.............perfect choice!!! leave sony to what it does best...........making tv's. Leave HT to onkyo, no comparison!!! enjoy your new system.

Hey guys!!

Hmmm.
Intelligent move:taking your father for audition.

Congrats. You are right. Sony cannot be compared with Onkyo. The only advantage sony had was it was well within 20k. However for someone who can spend a bit more,onkyo is far better choice. You got a nice deal too. Congrats.

I had taken my father along with me when i auditioned marantz pm6002. When he heard the prices (6002 for 25k & Some KEF bookshelves at 53k) he didnt speak much. :D.
Anyway I went ahead with 6002 later. Just told him that I got a new amp without telling what I got and for how much. It becomes somewhat easier when you are not staying in the same city as your parents.:D.

Looks like 3400 is gaining lot of momentum.
Obviously, when the value is such that the speakers seem to be bundled almost free.

Does anybody have an Idea where we can get onkyo 3400 in Pune and at what price. I asked Vijay sales but they dont have any.

/Alok

Does anybody have an Idea where we can get onkyo 3400 in Pune and at what price. I asked Vijay sales but they dont have any.

/Alok

check with AV Excellence on dhole patil road and CROMA. You will need to bargain wherever you pick it up from to get the best price. AV Ex is my fav HT shop, not only do they know what they are selling but they also have a good demo room which they utilize very well!!!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back