Adding a sub to a pair of Yamaha HS8.

nonamepew

Hi,

I am currently using a pair of Yamaha HS8 with my PC.
I am thinking about adding a subwoofer to it.

I have shortlisted Rythmik FVX12 for this purpose. My PC room is rather small (10'x11'). However, I plan to build a semi-decent home theatre setup in the living room (12'x20').

I was wondering if FVX12 is a good choice for this, considering the future proofing I am trying to accommodate. Or a 15" sub would be a better choice.

Hi,

I am currently using a pair of Yamaha HS8 with my PC.
I am thinking about adding a subwoofer to it.

I have shortlisted Rythmik FVX12 for this purpose. My PC room is rather small (10'x11'). However, I plan to build a semi-decent home theatre setup in the living room (12'x20').

I was wondering if FVX12 is a good choice for this, considering the future proofing I am trying to accommodate. Or a 15" sub would be a better choice.
The FVX12 has tremendous output and is going to be more than sufficient for a 12×20 room.

Let's say in future if I decide to get another sub, probably a Rythmik again, can I get a FVX15/FV15HP (to pair with the FVX12) ?
Rythmik's website specifically mentions that their subs have pretty much same freq. response and should pair well even if the size are different.

The problem is that currently I am constrained by the place I am living in. It is a rented place and the plan is to move to a self owned and bigger place in 2 years. And I do not want to purchase something which I won't be able to reuse in future.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back