Guidance needed to setup a 5.1 Dolby setup in Living Room.

hoasca

Hi, I have been doing some research currently and wanted to convert my current living room into a mini home theater. The dimensions of my living room are 18'x12'x10' (lxbxh), one corner of it opens into the dining area. I currently have a 50" 1080p TV but will soon be upgrading to a 65"/70" 4k TV.

Currently I am looking to buy a good sound system that supports Dolby audio and gives a decent 5.1 (with/without soundbar) surround channel feel. My budget is not too much, its under Rs15k. I mainly just watch movies (action, thrillers, etc.). I am very new to this, would like if someone could guide me on what to buy and how. Also please help me on how to set up the audio system to the fire tv, should I buy some HDMI and audio splitter to connect both tv and the audio system, or should I connect the HDMI to tv and then use bluetooth for audio (I am assuming bluetooth will have lower quality and latency issues).

Note: (Currently using Fire TV 4K Max). I am sharing a 3D home design plan, could you please take a look and suggest any changes/setups that would be best in this area(https://roomtodo.com/planner/project/6eaf8b1fff76).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
15k is very less for basic 5.1 system, You may try your luck in amazon or any local electronics market in your area. Probably you may get good used 5,1 system in this budget.
To connect FireTv audio you can route the audio through your TV optical or HDMI Arc output. Check FireTV or your TV manual how to route the audio to the HT system.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back