Buying a sub under 100000

mohit katta

Hey guys I am super confused as what’s the best sub should I get under 1 lac or near it my room size is 20 x 18 with ceramic tiles on 3 walls and floor which are very reflective for sound but I will cover half of rear wall with acoustic panels and also covered corners and ceiling with acoustic panels. the mlp is 14 ft from speakers rest of setup is a 5.1.4 without sub L/R are bookshelf’s r200
Center is r400
Rest is es20 rear surrounds and rc80i for ceilings.

Now here is a problem I might go for a dual sub in future if I manage to get even 1 good sub under 1 lac for now but the problem is every good sub that was near 1 lac before is costing 135000+ so dual will cross 2.7 lacs easily for subs like rythmik fvx12 and Svs sb 2000 pro and other brands
Which if I get anything that expensive I won’t go for dual in future due to budget issue
Now I can also get dual hts 12 from Polk which are 90000 combined or spend 1.65 lakhs on rythmik fvx 15 single sub which I won’t be able to upgrade ever.

Are there any good options under 1 lac still left for this size HT or going dual hts12 and saving ton of money plus getting benefits of dual setup over a single fvx15 is the right way seeing the current prices.,… thought of going Svs sb 1000 pro for 80000 a piece but not sure if sealed is enough despite the ceramic tiles room gain.

Hey guys I am super confused as what’s the best sub should I get under 1 lac or near it my room size is 20 x 18 with ceramic tiles on 3 walls and floor which are very reflective for sound but I will cover half of rear wall with acoustic panels and also covered corners and ceiling with acoustic panels. the mlp is 14 ft from speakers rest of setup is a 5.1.4 without sub L/R are bookshelf’s r200
Center is r400

Now here is a problem I might go for a dual sub in future if I manage to get even 1 good sub under 1 lac for now but the problem is every good sub that was near 1 lac before is costing 135000+ so dual will cross 2.7 lacs easily for subs like rythmik fvx12 and Svs sb 2000 pro and other brands
Which if I get anything that expensive I won’t go for dual in future due to budget issue
Now I can also get dual hts 12 from Polk which are 90000 combined or spend 1.65 lakhs on rythmik fvx 15 single sub which I won’t be able to upgrade ever.

Are there any good options under 1 lac still left for this size HT or going dual hts12 and saving money plus getting benefits of dual setup is the right way seeing the current prices.,… thought of going Svs sb 1000 pro for 80000 a piece but not sure if sealed is enough despite the ceramic tiles room gain.
It all depends on how you like the sub to perform. Subs are added to support speakers which cannot deliver the missing low bass frequencies. I use a sb1000 in a smaller space and it does well for music and movies.
I dont really need a sub but want a little oomph punch and slight presence! Some want subs as they want the room to vibrate like a night club....its all on individual preferences. Audition with the same content and then take a call. Dual subs are used if the listening area is too wide n long. Else one good 12 inch sub shd suffice!

It all depends on how you like the sub to perform. Subs are added to support speakers which cannot deliver the missing low bass frequencies. I use a sb1000 in a smaller space and it does well for music and movies.
I dont really need a sub but want a little oomph punch and slight presence! Some want subs as they want the room to vibrate like a night club....its all on individual preferences. Audition with the same content and then take a call. Dual subs are used if the listening area is too wide n long. Else one good 12 inch sub shd suffice!
definitely looking for wow factor in my subwoofer as it is a dedicated ht 70 percent movies 30 music so looking for thump but with some tightness so probably a well designed ported one 12 inch / 15 inch but unable to find any good options for my budget with current prices any good options in Elacs? The reason the dual is compelling me is that my main sitting room is 16 x 18 but there is a permanent opening in room without partition to make it like 20 x 18 so spl is a concern almost makes it 3300 cubic feet +

Upd
Center is r400

Are there any good options under 1 lac still left for this size HT or going dual hts12 and saving ton of money plus getting benefits of dual setup over a single fvx15 is the right way seeing the current prices.,… thought of going Svs sb 1000 pro for 80000 a piece but not sure if sealed is enough despite the ceramic tiles room gain.

Updates able to get fvx 12 for 120000 so either this or dual hts 12

Upd

Hi Mohit,

You're right in wagering that your room, which is rather large, will require a ported sub as room gain will give you a couple of extra DBs and extension but simply won't have the scale and output of a ported sub with the same driver size.

Between the Polk HTS 12 and Rythmik FVX12, my vote goes to the rythmik any day of the week and twice on Sunday. The Rythmik extends much lower and has much better fidelity than the HTS 12. Optimize the single sub for your listening position as of now and add a second one later, if required, to get a more even spread across the room.

Hi Mohit,

You're right in wagering that your room, which is rather large, will require a ported sub as room gain will give you a couple of extra DBs and extension but simply won't have the scale and output of a ported sub with the same driver size.

Between the Polk HTS 12 and Rythmik FVX12, my vote goes to the rythmik any day of the week and twice on Sunday. The Rythmik extends much lower and has much better fidelity than the HTS 12. Optimize the single sub for your listening position as of now and add a second one later, if required, to get a more even spread across the room.
Thanks for such explanation I won’t be able to add a second sub for a year or 2 so if I go with the rythmik I hope it sounds better than the dual hts 12 as some people really make a big deal for getting dual cheaper subs over one good one I don’t know which route is better honestly

Hi Mohit,

There is one guy on YouTube named Polk fan he has dual fvx 15 and dual hts 12 when I asked him between single fvx 15 or dual hts he told me dual hts 12 is better despite being way cheaper than a single fvx 12 or 15 anyway he also owned pb 1000 and a pair of rythmik l12s so that got me so confusing as only I can fit only 1 fvx 12 in my budget …..

Upd

Wow that’s good deal for fvx12. I got my second fvx12 last week for 1.4L including shipping cost. Your room is big and it is better you go for a sub like fvx12 over dual hts12. Later you can add one more sub. BTW is the cost for a new sub or used fvx12?

Wow that’s good deal for fvx12. I got my second fvx12 last week for 1.4L including shipping cost. Your room is big and it is better you go for a sub like fvx12 over dual hts12. Later you can add one more sub. BTW is the cost for a new sub or used fvx12?
Got it should I consider fvx 15 for 45 extra don’t feel like it’s worth just for 15 inch cone because the amp is same and everything else too

There is one guy on YouTube named Polk fan he has dual fvx 15 and dual hts 12 when I asked him between single fvx 15 or dual hts he told me dual hts 12 is better despite being way cheaper than a single fvx 12 or 15 anyway he also owned pb 1000 and a pair of rythmik l12s so that got me so confusing as only I can fit only 1 fvx 12 in my budget …..
Horses for courses i guess. I've heard a Polk HTS 12 and the thing was just about okay with decent extension and liveable note to note distinction.

But to compare even two of them to a single FVX15 is madness. Leaving all else aside, the Rythmik gives extension down till 12hz with ease while the Polk will not dig below 20hz effectively. Note to note distinction and dynamics are also far better. There's simply no comparison unless bass definition, extension, speed and punch are not a priority and the only objective is pressurising the room.

Updates just before finalising it today I got text for ardenal 1961 1v @ 1.38 lacs worth the extra 10k from rythmik fvx12??
I have not experienced Arendal subs so can’t comment if it is the better choice. But on paper it’s seems to be more powerful so you should consider it given ur room size. Fit and finish also seems to be too notch. Rythmik build quality is not up to the mark.

If you want a sub for stereo listening, then try looking for a second hand REL. You can add a second one as funds permit.

Center is r400

Go for SVS PB 1000 Pro, it will suffice your 2 sub need. its one of the best I ever had. within 12 hours of use, my neighbors have started complaining of bass. 🤣. I bought it online for 95k (including shipping)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back