Integrated Amplifier suggestion under 1 lakh

I would advice use bluesound node only for Streaming duties, excellent at that.
Do no think about using the inbuild dac or speaker outs, your stack might be better.

I have had Wharfs 11.2 for sometime, decent speakers but to warm and laid back for my taste with Pm8006. Audiolab brought the details and attack which was missing.
Audiolab also has excellent DAC, your Wiim Pro will be good candidate for it but lacks USB input.
But if your going with Dentons I would highly suggest Audiolab or even Leak 130.
The best part of Audiolab has been it doesn’t change the sound of speakers, rather it brings best out of them, even if you use bright speakers it won’t be harsh or fatiguing at all. I have used KEFs too with them for a long time till I received Lintons.

I recently helped my friend setup a system which consists of Mission QX2 And Denon 600ne
OMG the bass out if QX2 is crazy! its detailed punchy.
Do check out this if it fits your budget.

Cambridge amps are also very very good, both CXA61/81 sound beautiful but I haven’t heard them at my place.

And Marantz and Denon both sound different.

If you have patience, you might get pre owned ones and save some cash.

Happy to help in answering more doubts
Good day to you sir! I was kind of waiting for your input since you own the Linton as well. Do you think the the denton will do well with metal and rock music, some fast paced music since it is supposedly a lil bro of the Lintons. I will be putting them on a desk since that is where I mostly do my listening. Also, your thought on the chora 806 and sub vs the denton 85 with sub please. Lastly, would you advise connecting a sub on the audiolab 6000a preouts over a dedicated sub out from other amps?

Unfortunately, where I am from I have to make a blind purchase, I have tried the diamond 12.2 and polk r200 with Quad Vena, PMA600NE, topping pa5/e50 stack and smsl a300/da9 + smsl d300 dac plus some ifi zen one signature/zen dac v2. Out of these I like the SMSL da9 and D300 with SDB mode turned ON the most. But I am still not getting that class AB magic, I don't know how to put it in words, but something is still missing.
That SDB mode is indeed magic. One of the better implementations of EQ.
Thanks for shedding light on the above, The Naim Nait 5si is unfortunately out of my budget.
It was going as recently as last week for 95K on hifimart. Do Check with Anil directly.
Indeed I absolutely love the sound of the SMSL DA9 especially when paired with SMSL D300. My only concern with the CXA81 is that, my next speaker will most likely be the Denton 85th or Focal Chora 806. With the Denton I am not sure about its pairing, I think it will do just fine. But in case I get the Chora 806, I think the cxa81 and chora 806 will be too much in terms of treble energy.Also, since I already have a Polk HTS 12 sub, I am leaning towards the Chora 806 over the Denton 85. Kindly correct me if my judgement on the pairing is wrong.
Not at all, You're bang on. I've heard the Focal 826, the floorstander version, with a NAD C388 and a JLE110. Despite the NAD being on the darker side, the Focal was just too damn sharp. Now I'm no stranger to bright/sharp speakers but this was a whole different ball game. Would sound good in a treated room I'm sure but not in an everyday environment. Not my cuppa tea though this friend absolutely loved his speakers to bits.
Also, if I indeed chose to go with the Chora 806, which amp and dac would you suggest?
Something that has a rolled off treble/mellow warm and lush up top.a tube amp such as the Willsenton R8 won't be a bad match in triode mode.
On a desk, the 12.2 is much better than the QX2, and the dali spektor 2 beats the 12.2 on a desk in my room. However, when placed on a stand and midfield listening, I think the QX2 beats both 12.2 and spektor 2. The bass is much much better on the qx2, but I still prefer the 12.2 over the qx2 mainly because of my music preference.
That damn QX-2 is hands down the best bargain in audio, especially when it was going for 24K.

If you're looking for speakers for your desk, two recommendations that i know absolutely work great -

1. PSB Alpha P5. The mid bass punch is one of the most satisfying you'll ever hear. It's one of those speakers that can get a casual listener interested in hifi.

2. Dynaudio Excite X14 - quite simply blows away every other mainstream speaker of today's generation below 1L. You hear much better definition across the spectrum and the mid range is incredible. Nuff said.
Could you kindly guide me towards the dealer pls. I could not find one.
@magma is the dealer 😂

Last edited:
That SDB mode is indeed magic. One of the better implementations of EQ.

It was going as recently as last week for 95K on hifimart. Do Check with Anil directly.

Not at all, You're bang on. I've heard the Focal 826, the floorstander version, with a NAD C388 and a JLE110. The NAD is on the darker side but even with it, the Focal was just too damn bright. And I'm no stranger to bright speakers but this was a whole different ball game. Not my cuppa tea though this friend absolutely loved his speakers to bits.

Something that has a rolled off yellow treble/mellow warm and lush up top.a tube amp such as the Willsenton R8 won't be a bad match in triode mode.

That damn QX-2 is hands down the best bargain in audio, especially when it was going for 24K.

If you're looking for speakers for your desk, two recommendations that i know absolutely work great -

1. PSB Alpha P5. The mid bass punch is one of the most satisfying you'll ever hear. It's one of those speakers that can a casual listener interested in hifi.

2. Dynaudio Excite X14 - quite simply blows away every other mainstream speaker of today's generation below 1L. You hear much better definition across the spectrum and the mid range is incredible. Nuff said.

@magma is the dealer 😂
Interesting. The Dynaudio excite x14 fits in to my budget as well. Will definitely consider these going forward.

Interesting. The Dynaudio excite x14 fits in to my budget as well. Will definitely consider these going forward.
If you go for the focals, choose an amp that has a thick mid range and strong bass or tone controls as the 8xx series are a little lean in the lower mid range and bass. The Marantz 8006 will be a good option as it has tone controls for mid range also, a feature one doesn't come across too often.

Good day to you sir! I was kind of waiting for your input since you own the Linton as well. Do you think the the denton will do well with metal and rock music, some fast paced music since it is supposedly a lil bro of the Lintons. I will be putting them on a desk since that is where I mostly do my listening. Also, your thought on the chora 806 and sub vs the denton 85 with sub please. Lastly, would you advise connecting a sub on the audiolab 6000a preouts over a dedicated sub out from other amps?

What if I add one more set of speakers to your mix if it is strictly Desktop or sometimes near field,
Sound Artist LS3/5a !!!

these are speakers built and made specially for near field listening, I recently bought these speakers and I was blown away by thw way these sound, Chocolately mids and nice highs which are pleasing to ears, and the Vocals are the best I have heard in near field!
I had goosebumps when watching youtube videos while laying on my bed.

Sealed design, very very easy to place around.
since you have a subwoofer the lower frequencies are taken care of.

The amp part, these have slightly weird ratings,
11ohm and 83db, a solid state amp is a must.
Drives good with Audiolab but if you feed them power they shine and I am running them of with Akai vintage amp with 85watts

Subwoofer with Preouts is fine with Audiolab
I have done this in past

If you go for the focals, choose an amp that has a thick mid range and strong bass or tone controls as the 8xx series are a little lean in the lower mid range and bass. The Marantz 8006 will be a good option as it has tone controls for mid range also, a feature one doesn't come across too often.
Slightly off topic but you have 16 pairs of speakers :) ??

noted
What if I add one more set of speakers to your mix if it is strictly Desktop or sometimes near field,
Sound Artist LS3/5a !!!

these are speakers built and made specially for near field listening, I recently bought these speakers and I was blown away by thw way these sound, Chocolately mids and nice highs which are pleasing to ears, and the Vocals are the best I have heard in near field!
I had goosebumps when watching youtube videos while laying on my bed.

Sealed design, very very easy to place around.
since you have a subwoofer the lower frequencies are taken care of.

The amp part, these have slightly weird ratings,
11ohm and 83db, a solid state amp is a must.
Drives good with Audiolab but if you feed them power they shine and I am running them of with Akai vintage amp with 85watts

Subwoofer with Preouts is fine with Audiolab
I have done this in past
Yes I had this on the back of my mind, the power ratings is indeed weird. I thought I could get away with normal amp 😅

18 now - need to amend the signature to add the latest two 😁
Hahaha you can run an audio experience center.
Will be happy if you can share your experience of KEF vs Klipsch vs Mission. Also interested to hear your views on RME vs Mojo Vs ifi/ topping. Dont want to hijack this thread though

noted

Yes I had this on the back of my mind, the power ratings is indeed weird. I thought I could get away with normal amp 😅
Have you auditioned the KEF LS 50 Meta ? I heard them recently with a Roksan amp. Fabulous top end- clarity + loads of space which makes it feel bright. Low end was totally missing though.

Hahaha you can run an audio experience center.
Will be happy if you can share your experience of KEF vs Klipsch vs Mission. Also interested to hear your views on RME vs Mojo Vs ifi/ topping. Dont want to hijack this thread though
I think I've shared my impressions on the comparison in one of my earlier posts. I'll link it below if i find it.

But the short of it is, the Mission QX-2 performs at the same level as the KEF Q350 and Klipsch RP600M while sporting much better build quality - its a good 3-4 pounds heavier despite being smaller in size. The Klipsch has the most pronounced top end followed by the KEF and then the Mission. The Mission has the strongest bass followed by the KEF and the Klipsch in that order. My fav amongst them is the Q350 cuz it goes well with the music i listen to but my pick would be the Mission because it represents stupidly good value - its practically a giveaway.

The RME, despite being ESS, does not sound sharp in the slightest and is more rounded up top and a thicker tone than the Mojo which runs it a very close second at 1/4th the price. In fact, certain music sounds better on the Mojo because it does spatial cues and tone better. IMHO the Mojo remains one of the best DACs at the price point irrespective of newer competition. The Ifi sounds damn fine too with a soft buy dynamic presentation, especially when using balanced out and i find it be better SQ wise on all fronts compared to the Topping E30. The Topping is more versatile though owing to multiple digital inputs unless you need the damn fine headphone amp on the Ifi.

Have you auditioned the KEF LS 50 Meta ? I heard them recently with a Roksan amp. Fabulous top end- clarity + loads of space which makes it feel bright. Low end was totally missing though.
I have not heard the kef ls50 yet, they also fit in my budget if i stretch a bit, but I don't know, it is one of the best or if not the best-rated speakers on the net, I just don't find myself attracted to the speakers from what I have read or heard from the many sound demos over the net, I know it doesn't translate to real-life listening experience, but you can get an idea of what a speaker would sound like. I guess I am not a fan of b&w, klipsch, MA and kef sound in general. I could be very wrong though.
@prozkater out of all the recommendations for speakers and the ones you listed yourself have you auditioned or heard??
Other than the ones I have already owned, none so far, unfortunately. I keep blind purchasing only to get disappointed. Most ppl are content with logitech creative altec lansing speakers where I am from. They will spend 3-4lakhs on a gaming pc but 2-3k on speakers. I can't even sell mint condition preowned items for 1/4th the price. Such is the case :C

And so far you have owned which ones?
Quad vena, denon pma600ne, marantz pm6007, topping pa5, smsl da9, smsl a300 (amps) in combination with topping d10s, topping e50,smsl su6, smsl d300, ifi zen dac og/ zen dac v2, zen one signature (dacs) , mission qx2, dali spektor 2, polk r200, wharfedale diamond 12.2 (passive speakers), swans m200mkii , edifier r1280db (active speakers)

I just don't find myself attracted to the speakers from what I have read or heard from the many sound demos over the net, I know it doesn't translate to real-life listening experience, but you can get an idea of what a speaker would sound like. I guess I am not a fan of b&w, klipsch, MA and kef sound in general. I could be very wrong though.

You need to start auditioning speakers or amps, I too was in the same boat till I heard the KEF Q150 and I kover them, used them as nearfield and in a proper stereo setup too.

The most surprising chain for me was WiiM Mini Aux out > Aiyima A07 > Kef Q150 and this chain was well under 55-60k and sounded beautiful.

It all comes down to preference of taste, but till we put it on our taste bud we wouldn’t know if we like it or no. Audition - Audition and more Auditions

Here are a few short clips I have for LS3/5a

You need to start auditioning speakers or amps, I too was in the same boat till I heard the KEF Q150 and I kover them, used them as nearfield and in a proper stereo setup too.

The most surprising chain for me was WiiM Mini Aux out > Aiyima A07 > Kef Q150 and this chain was well under 55-60k and sounded beautiful.

It all comes down to preference of taste, but till we put it on our taste bud we wouldn’t know if we like it or no. Audition - Audition and more Auditions

Here are a few short clips I have for LS3/5a

Indeed, dali spektor 2 paired with fx audio m160e and ifi zen dac v2 has been my favorite so far on a desk and living room alike. If only the m160e had a sub out. Only problem is, audition is out of the equation for me. I am considering visiting Delhi, Bangalore or Mumbai for my next purchase. Tired of doing research , reading many good reviews, blind purchasing and then the endless disappointments.

Pardon my ignorance but aren't denons more or less the same as marantz?
They are quite different.

Also, Marantz + Wharfedale pairing is an internet legend that gets repeated. They have overlapping weaknesses, that makes it an overtly rolled off, tame system lacking dynamics, resolution and attack. Been there, regretted that.

Wharfies will be served better by Denon, Audiolab, maybe Naim.

Marantz pairs very well with intermediate/higher range Dalis, QA on the cheaper spectrum, Dynaudio if you are going for 8006 atleast.

There is a sweet deal on Dynadio Excite 14 on Hifimart, I'm tempted, though I have no need for a new speaker..

I've tried Focal FS on 8006, lacked bass, otherwise OK.

Happy hunting 😀

Indeed, dali spektor 2 paired with fx audio m160e and ifi zen dac v2 has been my favorite so far on a desk and living room alike. If only the m160e had a sub out. Only problem is, audition is out of the equation for me. I am considering visiting Delhi, Bangalore or Mumbai for my next purchase. Tired of doing research , reading many good reviews, blind purchasing and then the endless disappointments.

Yup, do ping me if in town.
Also, Marantz + Wharfedale pairing is an internet legend that gets repeated. They have overlapping weaknesses, that makes it an overtly rolled off, tame system lacking dynamics, resolution and attack. Been there, regretted that.

Marantz pairs very well with intermediate/higher range Dalis, QA on the cheaper spectrum, Dynaudio if you are going for 8006 atleast.

There is a sweet deal on Dynadio Excite 14 on Hifimart, I'm tempted, though I have no need for a new speaker..

Happy hunting 😀

This!

you have summed it up pretty well, spot on with what my views are too.

Happy hunting 😀
Yup, do ping me if in town.

This!

you have summed it up pretty well, spot on with what my views are too.
I guess my best option now is to save up for some flight tickets, visit some brick-and-mortar stores, audition, and choose what best suits my requirement. Will defo ping @amrutmhatre90 once I do. I need to audition his system too since I feel we share a lot in terms of preference :)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back