Integrated Amplifier suggestion under 1 lakh

Thought this thread was for amps? If your doing speakers and like Rock/Metal and "fast" music then have you considered pro audio?

A couple of the cheaper Behringer/QSC pro speakers, an amp from them and preferably some processing like the DCX2496 will sort you out and you will never look at a home speaker again. They may not be desktop friendly due to size but if you want to stop the "disappointments" have a look.

Thought this thread was for amps? If your doing speakers and like Rock/Metal and "fast" music then have you considered pro audio?

A couple of the cheaper Behringer/QSC pro speakers, an amp from them and preferably some processing like the DCX2496 will sort you out and you will never look at a home speaker again. They may not be desktop friendly due to size but if you want to stop the "disappointments" have a look.
Yes initially the thread was opened for suggestions for an amp, which it still is, but since you know, speakers amp matching and stuff, turns out I might actually get speakers over an amplifier for now..

I think pro audio is the way, other than that I can only suggest to try and understand what you like as opposed to going for auditions. Try downloading some EQ software and playing with it to see which sort of response you prefer, it may not have phase adjustments nor be accurate but may help get some understanding. Good Luck!

I just received a what's app from a friend whom I gave my Aiyima A07 to try out, he already was blown away by the puppy.
Now he swapped the Op Amps and says this is Nirvana !

I think pro audio is the way, other than that I can only suggest to try and understand what you like as opposed to going for auditions. Try downloading some EQ software and playing with it to see which sort of response you prefer, it may not have phase adjustments nor be accurate but may help get some understanding. Good Luck!
I am by no means an audiophile nor do i consider myself one, and I am a noob when it comes to EQing, but for general understanding, i prefer 'n' shaped, not v shaped, not flat/neutral but somewhat of a 'n' shaped sound signature if that make sense at all.

I am by no means an audiophile nor do i consider myself one, and I am a noob when it comes to EQing, but for general understanding, i prefer 'n' shaped, not v shaped, not flat/neutral but somewhat of a 'n' shaped sound signature if that make sense at all.

While I've never heard of an N shape, I guess perhaps you mean rolled off on the bottom and top. If so few speakers will sound like that out of the box and you will need EQ. If you mean something else then I did not understand. Without bass/mid bass/low mid the sound could be hollow/empty and a bit thin, perhaps your used to TV sound?

While I've never heard of an N shape, I guess perhaps you mean rolled off on the bottom and top. If so few speakers will sound like that out of the box and you will need EQ. If you mean something else then I did not understand. Without bass/mid bass/low mid the sound could be hollow/empty and a bit thin, perhaps your used to TV sound?
N shaped as in somewhat elevated midrange / midrange bump without rolled off bottom or top

N shaped as in somewhat elevated midrange / midrange bump without rolled off bottom or top
If mid range is your weakness try Kef ls50 meta. Heard them last evening at what hifi show and had to pull myself back from buying. Other than that try EQ with wiim. EQing on an app is way more effective than the treble and bass options on an amp. One more option is minidsp which can do magic with your equipment. Just changing equipment may not satisfy you or the satisfaction could be short lived. The only reason why I don’t pull the trigger on KEF or similar is my minidsp and the Wiim EQ. That way if you get bored of sound or feel dissatisfied just dial a Harman curve or flat curve or whatever you fancy. Of course it cannot make bad equipment sound good but the amount of change that it brings is phenomenal. I currently run 4 speakers in stereo mode. The wharfedales 220 for mids and highs and micca RB42 for low freq on another amp. If boredom sets in I change the config :) some days I put a flat curve on just the wharfedales and listen with awe as the sound signature changes. Just sharing if it helps you.

I will definitely try to audition the kef ls50 meta too.

I have decided to put my purchase on hold for now. I am visiting Delhi on August anyway so I will try to audition first before making any purchase. Thanks for all the suggestion. Greatly appreciated.

I will definitely try to audition the kef ls50 meta too.

I have decided to put my purchase on hold for now. I am visiting Delhi on August anyway so I will try to audition first before making any purchase. Thanks for all the suggestion. Greatly appreciated.
Thats great. Genelec also has their flagship SAM store out here in NCR with their entire range on display/audition. Check out Genelec's the Ones. Its a coaxial driver like the KEF LS50 Meta and comes with its own IsoAcoustics IsoStands.

Thats great. Genelec also has their flagship SAM store out here in NCR with their entire range on display/audition. Check out Genelec's the Ones. Its a coaxial driver like the KEF LS50 Meta and comes with its own IsoAcoustics IsoStands.
Will do sir

You need to roll off the top/bottom to get this sound, you may be referring to less of a roll off, the degree may be lower but the response as stated would show less on both ends and a "plateau" (however small in level) in the middle.

Good day to you sir! I was kind of waiting for your input since you own the Linton as well. Do you think the the denton will do well with metal and rock music, some fast paced music since it is supposedly a lil bro of the Lintons. I will be putting them on a desk since that is where I mostly do my listening. Also, your thought on the chora 806 and sub vs the denton 85 with sub please. Lastly, would you advise connecting a sub on the audiolab 6000a preouts over a dedicated sub out from other amps?
Since you listen to metal and rock mostly, punch and dynamics are important. Rega brio is one of the finest in this department under 1 lac. Read the reviews of Rega brio and audiolab 6000a on whathifi.
Besides, the midrange of brio is also a bit thick from what I read. The only drawback is no built in dac and slightly narrow soundstage.
Please audition and take the call.
All the best :)

Since you listen to metal and rock mostly, punch and dynamics are important. Rega brio is one of the finest in this department under 1 lac. Read the reviews of Rega brio and audiolab 6000a on whathifi.
Besides, the midrange of brio is also a bit thick from what I read. The only drawback is no built in dac and slightly narrow soundstage.
Please audition and take the call.
All the best :)
Unfortunately, the rega brio does not have a sub out? Also, I will be using an external dac anyway no matter which amplifier I get, but having no sub out is really a bummer.

@prozkater why don’t you think actives like KEF LSX II?
Sub out, USB in, Optical, HDMI ARC, chromcast builtin with all streaming services and Airplay.
These are super tiny too, desktop friendly.

I heard them today at What HiFi show, liked what I heard. They sounded big and nice soundstage.

Will be picking them up soon for a different house.

Sub out, USB in, Optical, HDMI ARC, chromcast builtin with all streaming services and Airplay.

I heard them today at What HiFi show, liked what I heard. They sounded big and nice soundstage.

Second that….heard them at the show. Quite surprising sound for their size

Unfortunately, the rega brio does not have a sub out? Also, I will be using an external dac anyway no matter which amplifier I get, but having no sub out is really a bummer.
Yes, it doesn't have sub out. But, if you're adding a sub such as rel which has high level inputs, sub out is not necessary, imo. I guess, subs can be connected to preouts too. But if you employ room correction with REW, it is good to go with an amp that has sub out.

Second that….heard them at the show. Quite surprising sound for their size
+1 to my list, thanks

Yes, it doesn't have sub out. But, if you're adding a sub such as rel which has high level inputs, sub out is not necessary, imo. I guess, subs can be connected to preouts too. But if you employ room correction with REW, it is good to go with an amp that has sub out.
I already have a sub with low level inputs only unfortunately.

To provoke reflection, why would you want the speaker to have a profile? Wouldn’t your sound preference already reflect in the music you listen to (for example those who are mid-centric probably listen more to vocal/guitar based music). Wouldn‘t a flatter profile speaker more truly reproduce the sonic properties built into your preferred music? What you should look for instead is how well the micro dynamics and texture come through the speaker if you focus more on the mids.

If I generalise/abstract out this argument, the question one is asking here really is, “Who do I see myself as - a listener, or a listener-performer?”. The more one is inclined towards altering the musical properties in the recordings to one‘s preferences, the more one is becoming a ‘listener performer’ since you are consciously contributing (through the choice of equipment or through EQ, unless used for compensation) to the effect of what you listen.

Last edited:
Rega Brio - do audition if possible, goes well with most speakers and has adequate grunt + of course the famous Rega analogue tonality and spaciousness

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back