Budget projector

A friend is travelling from US to India by March, and probably I will be ordering this and asking him to carry it to India. Cant wait long :)

Bad news.. my friend is bit worried in carrying a projector with a lamp, fearing that it may explode/break during transit. He cannot carry the original package due to space constrains, and planning to dump it in his luggage box. He is suggesting me to shift to an LED based pj, which will not have a lamp which can fail during transit. Further, he is worried about non-availability of warranty in India, if something happens in transit. Either I will have to buy something from India, or switch to an LED one.. any suggestions?

I dont think the bulb will be so fragile as it is fitted inside the projector in its slot firmly... If he intend to put it in luggage, he can do so with the bubble wrap of the packaging around the projector and to stuff cloths around it so that it is sort of tight, probably will be sufficient.

May be folks having the projector model can comment on how firm the bulb module fits inside projector..

Th bulb is enclosed in a capsule/ compartment. Very less chances of the bulb breaking if the PJ is covered/ warapped with clothes and placed in baggage.

+1 to Premblr... Thats how my friend got it for me... packed in its original packaging and kept in the check in luggage... :) works absolutely fine..

Thanks guys, let me try to boost his morale.. :) One quick question - will sudden voltage fluctuation in Indian scenario impact the lamp or will LED withstand it better. I do have a stabilizer, but my inverter is only 850VA and may not be able to support this PJ.
My friend's 'bhashan' is now raising unwanted queries in my mind as well.

Thanks guys, let me try to boost his morale.. :) One quick question - will sudden voltage fluctuation in Indian scenario impact the lamp or will LED withstand it better. I do have a stabilizer, but my inverter is only 850VA and may not be able to support this PJ.
My friend's 'bhashan' is now raising unwanted queries in my mind as well.

Many fellow FMs have been using this PH with 850VA but suggestion from other FMs have been to use 1KVA. I am not using anything atm... but hopefully will get myself a 1KVA Sinewave UPS.

Bad news.. my friend is bit worried in carrying a projector with a lamp, fearing that it may explode/break during transit. He cannot carry the original package due to space constrains, and planning to dump it in his luggage box. He is suggesting me to shift to an LED based pj, which will not have a lamp which can fail during transit. Further, he is worried about non-availability of warranty in India, if something happens in transit. Either I will have to buy something from India, or switch to an LED one.. any suggestions?
I bought benq w1070 from amazon.com directly. the same was received here through DHL very safe.

uttam

Since last one month I have been doing some research on PJ. For home viewing of movies and TV contents I found Epson eh two 480(40k price) having good review.I can not find any review/specification of AcerH5370BD from any dedicated PJ sites. Acer x 1320 wh looks good as per specification. Epson has better features, better service.
I am new to this field, but I have been given to understand that you need at least 2500lumens for a decent home viewing.I am not fond of 3d, neither gaming.
Any good suggestions??

Just google H5370BD and you will get tons of reviews. Many are available in youtube as well. Good reviews can be found in hifivision, avsforums, pcmag etc and user reviews are available in amazon.com. This seems to be a better one if you have a budget limitation, and you will get it around 450$ and even cheaper if you watch out for online deals. Add additional 30% to the cost and it will be delivered to your home in India which will still be within your budget, but the warranty will be US only.
Epson is known for its service backup and product quality. So if you are finding a better deal locally, go for it. Insist on bill and warranty. I found good sources through local links from olx. Give a try.

For my case, I am still trying to convince my friend to bring the H5370BD, but he seems to be bit worried as someone told him that the lamp can explode while in transit. He is suggesting me LG PA75U which is an LED projector, but only with 750 lumens. Either I needs to change or my friend need to change or I need to find another friend who can bring a lamp projector :) Anyway I have one more month left to convince him

Just google H5370BD and you will get tons of reviews. Many are available in youtube as well. Good reviews can be found in hifivision, avsforums, pcmag etc and user reviews are available in amazon.com. This seems to be a better one if you have a budget limitation, and you will get it around 450$ and even cheaper if you watch out for online deals. Add additional 30% to the cost and it will be delivered to your home in India which will still be within your budget, but the warranty will be US only.
Epson is known for its service backup and product quality. So if you are finding a better deal locally, go for it. Insist on bill and warranty. I found good sources through local links from olx. Give a try.

For my case, I am still trying to convince my friend to bring the H5370BD, but he seems to be bit worried as someone told him that the lamp can explode while in transit. He is suggesting me LG PA75U which is an LED projector, but only with 750 lumens. Either I needs to change or my friend need to change or I need to find another friend who can bring a lamp projector :) Anyway I have one more month left to convince him

All the best!! I just couldn't understand someone who's been to US worried about bulb explosion in transit :sad: .. The projector might have been manufactured in china or somewhere and shipped to US... Lakhs of units gets shipped by all means and never heard of any bulb explosion due to transit. If he is so worried, ask him to get the box as is in his checked in baggage. I think he should simply ignore all this bulb explosion nonsense and allow you to :yahoo: I strongly feel the problem is not 'bulb explosion' but 'something else' that's better known to both of you.

Can anyone please tell me where can I buy this AcerH5370BD in Mumbai? Not online but paying cash.

Not sure whats the issue with online purchase? Amazon.com has this for about $450 and accepts any credit card and ships to India through legitimate ways and it sort of reaches you in a week's time.

Please have a look at the Acer H5370BD Impressions thread and you could find some references in Mumbai for next steps:)

All the best!! I just couldn't understand someone who's been to US worried about bulb explosion in transit :sad: .. The projector might have been manufactured in china or somewhere and shipped to US... Lakhs of units gets shipped by all means and never heard of any bulb explosion due to transit. If he is so worried, ask him to get the box as is in his checked in baggage. I think he should simply ignore all this bulb explosion nonsense and allow you to :yahoo: I strongly feel the problem is not 'bulb explosion' but 'something else' that's better known to both of you.

Thanks for the points. Not sure whether he has already purchased PA75U and hence the hesitation. Will check it out :)

Acer H6510BD is a full HD 3D projector, which is available for around 700 USD. Anyone has experience with that?

Placed order for H5370BD. Thanks for all your help and suggestions, which allowed me to take this decision.

Hi Guys, After a lot of R & D i thought to buy over with Acer X1320WH -720 p HD ready model. As a single word, it is ""Awesome"". For past 2 months i am using over it, enjoying all the movies with min. of 80 inch in my small room. As per my view, its best choice who prefer HD projector in this budged. :) ..keep posted after some months

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back