Budget Setup - Sub with Dali Zensor 3

Thank you all for all the suggestions. However, I would probably listen for a couple of months before I buy the sub.
The Dali's arrived yesterday and I have to place an order for the av receiver now. I am planning X1400H now.

Just for the kick I have asked some dudes in OLX to reply. They seem to have all the receivers for ultra low prices. Looks like grey market stuff.

Thank you all for all the suggestions. However, I would probably listen for a couple of months before I buy the sub.
The Dali's arrived yesterday and I have to place an order for the av receiver now. I am planning X1400H now.

Just for the kick I have asked some dudes in OLX to reply. They seem to have all the receivers for ultra low prices. Looks like grey market stuff.
Don't make payments to this grey guys unless you are sure that they are genuine get sellers.

Hi All,

So took the plunge and bought an Yamaha 583 receiver. I bought the same from DNI - the store. This was an offline purchase and I went for a store visit and bought the same immediately.

I have ordered some wires which comes with banana plugs custom added. I am not comfortable using live wires and hence the same . Also waiting for the stabilizer. The wires will take the longest to come I think and I might have to wait for more than a week for the same to come.

p.s I was happy with Shiva. He is a good salesman but I did not mind.

Update - I got the receiver set up for all the secondary tasks. Tested the TV, the XBOX all working fine. However, I am still waiting for the speaker wires to come.
I have ordered some regular 12 Gauge wire as another pair of wires with custom banana plugs already added is taking a long time to come.

I am feeling a little nervous connecting bare wires myself as this is my first install :(

Between temptation and the wait.

Update - I got the receiver set up for all the secondary tasks. Tested the TV, the XBOX all working fine. However, I am still waiting for the speaker wires to come.
I have ordered some regular 12 Gauge wire as another pair of wires with custom banana plugs already added is taking a long time to come.

I am feeling a little nervous connecting bare wires myself as this is my first install :(

Between temptation and the wait.
Congrats on the purchase. Good AVR for home theater. I would suggest connecting speaker wires (bare) and test it. The Yamaha AVR has a feature that checks if any connection has a short every time you turn it on. If there is a short, it should show you the error on the OSD. That prevents the AVR going bust and so is quiet safe to connect it.

On a separate note any member aware if I can buy below link type of cables in India immediately.

https://www.amazon.in/Cable-Matters...=8-11&keywords=speaker+wire+with+banana+plugs

This looks very expensive.. You can purchase Banana plugs separately & add to bare wires that you have ordered now.. Will work lot cheaper..

There is hardly anything you can do wrong with wires.. Once the ends of the wires are stripped, just make sure you twist them like how you do with normal electrical wires, without any visible strands and put it in the speakers hole.. No worries there..

This looks very expensive.. You can purchase Banana plugs separately & add to bare wires that you have ordered now.. Will work lot cheaper..

There is hardly anything you can do wrong with wires.. Once the ends of the wires are stripped, just make sure you twist them like how you do with normal electrical wires, without any visible strands and put it in the speakers hole.. No worries there..

What about for the AVR? I have seen warnings not to touch the bare metal cabinet with the wires?

I did order banana plugs and bare wire as well which will come tomorrow but I will make a decision on whether I am feeling comfortable. Looks easy but just that the stuff is expensive so am concerned.

My speakers are singing now :). I set them up yesterday with speaker wire and basic Amazon banana plugs. My first experience and I think they sound beautiful.

Thank you to all the members for the support.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back