Budget stereo amplifier Cambridge vs Taga vs Marantz

itsharsha

Looking for a stereo amp to my bookshelf speakers. Thinking to sort out Cambridge AM10 or Marantz PM 5005. But recently came across Taga Harmony amps. Can anyone share your thoughts on Taga amps?.
Also is there any difference in the sound quality between a stereo amp and AV receiver. Which is better for music. Thanks

Looking for a stereo amp to my bookshelf speakers. Thinking to sort out Cambridge AM10 or Marantz PM 5005. But recently came across Taga Harmony amps. Can anyone share your thoughts on Taga amps?.
Also is there any difference in the sound quality between a stereo amp and AV receiver. Which is better for music. Thanks
A stereo amp is much better for sound quality.

IA designs are simpler than AVRs. 2 channel and audio only.
They generally perform better than AVRs for music (no setting up the system)

No idea about Taga amps.
CA AM10 and Marantz PM5005 are similar.
Have heard both, they are good; own an older Marantz.
SQ depends on what speakers they drive and your ears.
Marantz has tone control and can drive 2 sets of speakers.

My personal vote would be for Marantz because of tone control.
If you can stretch budget go for PM6006 (comes with DAC)

Cheers,
Raghu

Better to audition and decide.....trust your ears...hear the same music content....which speakers are you going to use?

Which speakers are you going to be driving? You need to consider their sensitivity and impedance rating to get an amp with right wattage. Second the kind of sound signature the speakers have. Some have better highs while others have better lows. So need to get an amp that can neutralize the speakers.

Regarding AVR vs stereo amp for music listening, a stereo amp without a doubt. Add a decent DAC to the stereo amp and enjoy your music.

MaSh

I am planning to connect to Boston A26. I currently have Pioneer 524 receiver. Which is the best upgrade for music:
1. DAC/Pre-amp+Pioneer receiver
2. Just a stereo amplifier

I am planning to connect to Boston A26. I currently have Pioneer 524 receiver. Which is the best upgrade for music:
1. DAC/Pre-amp+Pioneer receiver
2. Just a stereo amplifier
A simple integrated amp would serve you well. Infact ill go as far as saying that u better compare the Integrated Amp u plan to buy and ur Avr to make sure that you get what you are looking for in an Integrated Amplifier. The sound enhancement should justify the cost over and above the AVR. Not everyone's a audiophile!
To be able to make out a difference your ears must be trained as well :) .. spend wisely :)

CA AM10 and Marantz PM5005 are similar.
Have heard both, they are good; own an older Marantz.
SQ depends on what speakers they drive and your ears.
Marantz has tone control and can drive 2 sets of speakers

In similar budget of CA AM10 (may be 3-5k) more you may get a used CA 650A or CA 651A and those are exceptional value for money considering the performance they offer. They have tone controls too but I bet you will use them much. I had a CA 650A that I sold here some days back and I was in love with it for 4 years.

Sent you a PM , please check

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back