Budget Subwoofer for music

Maintaining a 2-foot distance from the wall has enhanced the exceptional sound quality of my speakers. When I position myself in the sweet spot, the speakers create an impressive three-dimensional audio image, yet I've noticed a slight lack of bass. Experimenting by moving them closer to the wall resulted in a loss of the punchy bass quality I enjoyed before. Therefore, I'm in search of a subwoofer to add a bit more depth to my listening experience in the sweet spot. After researching, I've narrowed down my choices to the Taga 210 and the Yamaha NS SW300, both of which have garnered positive reviews for their performance. Cables I am using AmazonBasics 16-Gauge for connecting speakers. Let me know.
In your position I’d look for and tackle any EMI/RFI interferences, upgrade to an affordable speaker cable such as Belden, check and tighten all the connectors, including spikes of the stands, and reduce the distance from the wall where the speakers start sounding sounding bloated/less punchy. Check with speaker manufacturer what’s the desired (min) distance as per them, usually it’s 1 foot. Most of us (including myself for a few years) kept a lot more distance from the wall, but once I could tackle the above points, I am able to place at one foot from the wall now without bloating/distortion and the bass is quite strong… I only get a fraction of it at 2 ft and the clinical image is lifeless without that bass reinforcement.

Anyway, this takes a lot of effort. Adding a sub is probably much easier and faster way to improve the bass in an assured manner.

In your position I’d look for and tackle any EMI/RFI interferences, upgrade to an affordable speaker cable such as Belden, check and tighten all the connectors, including spikes of the stands, and reduce the distance from the wall where the speakers start sounding sounding bloated/less punchy. Check with speaker manufacturer what’s the desired (min) distance as per them, usually it’s 1 foot. Most of us (including myself for a few years) kept a lot more distance from the wall, but once I could tackle the above points, I am able to place at one foot from the wall now without bloating/distortion and the bass is quite strong… I only get a fraction of it at 2 ft and the clinical image is lifeless without that bass reinforcement.

Anyway, this takes a lot of effort. Adding a sub is probably much easier and faster way to improve the bass in an assured manner.

Last edited:

I experimented with various placement options to find the optimal position for 3D imaging. Only after careful consideration did I choose to incorporate a subwoofer to enhance the overall listening experience. Adding the subwoofer may seem straightforward, but it actually demands extensive RnD to achieve the desired effect.

Moreover, the sound system in my current setup lacks the punchy bass that was present in my previous small living room where I didn't even have a subwoofer. To recreate that experience, I am planning to integrate a subwoofer into my new home audio setup.

And thank you so much for your valuable inputs..It is truly appreciated to have enthusiasts like you who are dedicated to assisting people like me in identifying and resolving issues, generously offering solutions and taking the time to do so.

Hello guys, finally I bought tsw 210 sub. Since I am planning to add this sub with speaker level input can I use different speaker wire with different gauge to connect this subwoofer and speaker? As I have amazon basics wires with 14 or 16 gauge wire which I will connect to subwoofer in B. And I have another wire with different brand and gauge which I will connect to the speaker in A. Can I do like this with different gauge wires and brand for speakers(A) and different gauge wires and brand for sub (B)?

Hello guys, finally I bought tsw 210 sub. Since I am planning to add this sub with speaker level input can I use different speaker wire with different gauge to connect this subwoofer and speaker? As I have amazon basics wires with 14 or 16 gauge wire which I will connect to subwoofer in B. And I have another wire with different brand and gauge which I will connect to the speaker in A. Can I do like this with different gauge wires and brand for speakers(A) and different gauge wires and brand for sub (B)?
Yes you can do. There shall be no issues at all.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back