Budget Subwoofer for Yamaha AVR (HTR-3072)

bedantabd

Please suggest a budget (around Rs. 25K) subwoofer for my Yamaha AVR (HTR-3072) + Yamaha NS-8390 (floor standing speakers) set-up. Please consider following:
  • I have set up the system in a 15 ft x 30 ft hall; however, the listening space is only approx. 15 ft x 15 ft (without any physical barrier though).
  • System is for 70% music + 30% movies (approx.)
  • I hate boom-boom bass and would always prefer a subwoofer with clean and precise bass.
  • I will not be able to visit any store for audition and will buy online only.
  • I am using my old Sony speakers as center / surround speakers which are quite adequate at present, so I don’t have any immediate plan of upgrading them.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions / comments.

Not a hard and fast rule, but considering your have AV+ Fronts of Yamaha, why not go with the same for Sub? Other decent budget ones are - Elac, QAcoustics, Taga. Focal CUB (If you can get your hands on them anywhere)!!

Please suggest a budget (around Rs. 25K) subwoofer for my Yamaha AVR (HTR-3072) + Yamaha NS-8390 (floor standing speakers) set-up. Please consider following:
  • I have set up the system in a 15 ft x 30 ft hall; however, the listening space is only approx. 15 ft x 15 ft (without any physical barrier though).
  • I hate boom-boom bass and would always prefer a subwoofer with clean and precise bass.
  • I am using my old Sony speakers as center / surround speakers which are quite adequate at present, so I don’t have any immediate plan of upgrading them.
Hi,
I bought a 12" subwoofer from "Rave audio" here in Mumbai 15-20 days back. It sounds way better than my Yamaha NS SW200. I have a smile on my face now while watching movies. Their subwoofer is made in surat, i guess. The sub costed me around 22K.
The Owner's name is Kunal Desai. His phone number is 9820301066. Do get in touch with him & he will help you out.

Hi,
I bought a 12" subwoofer from "Rave audio" here in Mumbai 15-20 days back. It sounds way better than my Yamaha NS SW200. I have a smile on my face now while watching movies. Their subwoofer is made in surat, i guess. The sub costed me around 22K.
The Owner's name is Kunal Desai. His phone number is 9820301066. Do get in touch with him & he will help you out.
Hi @revolty, Is the sub front facing or bottom, could you share some photos or video of the equipment. I'm also looking to buy a subwoofer in this price category. Thanks

Taga 212se.

Hi @revolty, Is the sub front facing or bottom, could you share some photos or video of the equipment. I'm also looking to buy a subwoofer in this price category. Thanks
The sub is front facing. The photos are attached herewith.

sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

Even i am trying to make a video demo since last 2 weeks. But, due to construction activities going on nearby, their sound disrupts my viewing and recording process. But, trust me, i am very happy with this subwoofer in the given price.

Hi,
Thanks for the info, will definitely speak the owner of Rave Audio.

Not a hard and fast rule, but considering your have AV+ Fronts of Yamaha, why not go with the same for Sub? Other decent budget ones are - Elac, QAcoustics, Taga. Focal CUB (If you can get your hands on them anywhere)!!
If I go with Yamaha, which of the following should I consider?
  • Yamaha NS-SW050: 8" 100W 28–200 Hz @ 13K
  • Yamaha NS-SW100: 10" 100W 25–180 Hz @ 19K
  • Yamaha NS-SW200: 8" 130W 28–200 Hz @ 24K
  • Yamaha YST-SW315: 10” 250W 20–160 Hz @ 28K
I am slightly inclined towards the last one YST-SW315 because of the spec / features; though it is slightly out my budget. But this is a 17-18 years old model and now it has been discontinued. Any thoughts / advice by the esteemed members?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back