Budget surrounds speakers

ttarasu

Hello to all FMs,
Please suggest me a budget (15k for pair)surround speakers for 5.1,my existing setup
Fronts -Dali zensor 3,centre -dali zensor vokal,sub -velodyne impact 12.
Thanks

DZ1 is out of my budget.

Hmm I understand. Keep an eye on the For Sale section for some good deals. You could also check the local OLX. As a make shift you could even try out Sony's mini HiFi speakers as surrounds (not the small satellites) If you need new, then see if the Polk OWM3 fit in.

MaSh

Don't get lesser quality Surrounds : in HT, the surround speakers should at least have a comparable audio resolution with the front speakers.
Go for Dali Spectors on HFV classifieds or Zensor Z1.

Thanks drkrack,
Was using 7.1 with onkyo speakers as surrounds (4)side and rear.
Planning to go with small /lesser powered surrounds speakers now and later use these for rear surrounds.
Will even the rears requires matching?

Planning to go with small /lesser powered surrounds speakers now and later use these for rear surrounds.
Will even the rears requires matching?

Better if it is (timbre) matched, but not mandatory.. Pico would fit in your budget? Depending on where you would mount the surrounds now (or) rears later consider speakers wall mount options (or) mount threads, so you can easily tilt towards your listening position..

Will even the rears requires matching
Not necessarily, but I have used my old yamaha htib speakers as surround with Monitor Audio Silver fronts and recently changed to monitor audio MASS 5.0..
The difference was day and night. Even if you buy cheaper speakers, they'll eventually become the weakest link in your 7.1 setup. So avoid buying subpar speakers for Surrounds.

Never underestimate the power of surround channels and speakers. They are equally important and contribute in overall movie watching experience. Instead of going for new cheap on , go for good quality pre-owned. I have changed from JBL satalite speakers to MA BXFX surround speakers and movie watching experience move to next level. I have changed the cross over from 120Hz to 80Hz and lots of information moved to surround speakers than sub woofer and surround sound field become more engulfing, immersive and strong.

Guys, having best of components is ideal, but not always possible due to budget restraints or any other reason. Suggestions should be within the boundaries set by the thread opener in my opinion.

MaSh

Hi

Agree...while most of us would possibly do anything to get the best SQ...there would be some who want the best within specific budget.

Possible the Dalis being sold on the forum may fit his budget and complete his set.

Dali Spektor 2
Congratulations, That's a good choice of speakers. You could give us comparison between zensor 3 vs spektor 2, keeping them as fronts for stereo music. The compact size makes them placement friendly.

Initial opinion spektor2 wins over DZ3
Spek2 is smooth,soft and mids are good to me.Didn’t change the song while listening with spek2.
Maybe the spek2 are rightly placed on my DIY speaker stand or going well with velodyne.
Sad my DZ3 loses to a smaller speaker.
Enjoying spek2 in stereo setup than Z3.
My wife’s words -Dz3 is overdose,sp2 is pleasant for this room.14x23ft(maybe encouraging me because its size & price)

Initial opinion spektor2 wins over DZ3
Spek2 is smooth,soft and mids are good to me.Didn’t change the song while listening with spek2.
Maybe the spek2 are rightly placed on my DIY speaker stand or going well with velodyne.
Sad my DZ3 loses to a smaller speaker.
Enjoying spek2 in stereo setup than Z3.
My wife’s words -Dz3 is overdose,sp2 is pleasant for this room.14x23ft(maybe encouraging me because its size & price)
That was my experience as well, other than LF response , spektor 2 does very well compared to Z3. Happy Listening!

I been using NHT SuperZero, hardly costs anything 55$ if u can import, else amazon does ship at double the cost. I choose them based on reviews, cost, size

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back